View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,442 Times in 6,107 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

I was making the 17-d for the 72. the base is first mounted threw the hole in the roof. then I leveled it. then put the skirt on an marked it in the back. trimmed that lowered the base and found the nut that fit the space so I could go around the skirt. in that pictures the base is mounted the skirt is screwed to the base. we are marking it then we'll put on the gasket and then lower the base till everything touches on the roof. it took me half a dozen times to get the air gaps out of the gasket..

on Roberts the motors are in place the lights were taken off as the skirt goes on under the lights. measure the top of the base to the bottom of the motor. you need that much skirt. you know that one set was mounted so you have enough there. with the motor to the outside the low end is around 2 inches if i remember right on Roberts the high or out side was about 4. as we were practicing on his older stuff so not to screw up a good one. we mounted the lights low. about as low as they could go. the front is easy as there is a lot of curve to it the back is almost flat.

but you need to get the lights mounted first then trim the skirts to fit the mount. the sides of the car are not the same. if you get the skirt trimmed first then put the light on you'll never mate up to were you trimmed it to.
Attached Images

Mike McDonald (07-09-2010)