Front suspension fun

Are we having fun yet? Well, I guess I should say am "I" having fun yet....not really. Arms are off and off to the shop to have the old stuff pressed out, then off to the body shop to be sand blasted and then painted with Bill Hirsh super chassis black paint. Then, back to the shop to have the new stuff put in, and then back on the car. I am going to clean up the front frame and paint it while they are out. Upper ball joints were originals, and the shocks look like they have been on there forever. Yes, Paul, I saved the upper washers to re-use on the new shocks.

Going to put in new center drag link, tie rod ends, sleeves, idler arm and springs as well. It should drive like a new one, I hope.

Attachments

• FrontSusp 013.jpg
    FrontSusp 013.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 318
  • FrontSusp 012.jpg
    FrontSusp 012.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 312
  • FrontSusp 006.jpg
    FrontSusp 006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 315
  • FrontSusp 009.jpg
    FrontSusp 009.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 315
  • FrontSusp 010.jpg
    FrontSusp 010.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 315
How is the car going to be moved without the front suspension and wheels????? Nah... I don't think that I really want to know.. :yankchain:

you just put he floor jack in the center and away you go. but I have to say better you then me. I hate playing with the heavy Iron, she will look good when you done .

Be careful putting it back together, I had a friend loose his fingers putting in the springs, still don't know how he did it, he don't even know, it happened so fast.

Be careful putting it back together, I had a friend loose his fingers putting in the springs, still don't know how he did it, he don't even know, it happened so fast.

That is one of the reasons that I have a qualified mechanic doing most of the work. He lives right across the road from my parent's, where the car is presently living until it gets put back together.

Control arms back....

Got my control arms back yesterday. They look a little better than when they left. Got them put back in tonight....motor soon!

Attachments

• MR3 006.jpg
    MR3 006.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 160
  • MR3 002.jpg
    MR3 002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 157
  • MR3 005.jpg
    MR3 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 156
Shawn

Better just needing to replace parts than deal with what Dave in Toronto just got himself into.

See Freak accident in Toronto thread for photos !

Darren

No, most of it is being done by my parent's neighbor, who is a certified auto and heavy truck mechanic. He works on cars, buses, dump trucks, etc. I am doing some of it, but he has done most of the work. I help him as much as I can, but he does the hard stuff. Front suspension completed this evening, motor goes in on Sunday!!

All done

Nice to have the front of the car sitting on the ground again.

Attachments

• MR4 002.jpg
    MR4 002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 47
  • MR4 003.jpg
    MR4 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 50
  • MR4 001.jpg
    MR4 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 48
Back