Doug 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 224
  • Doug 3.jpg
    Doug 3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Doug 4.jpg
    Doug 4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 228
Not a 75 It is a 63 this used the Buick Limited Body. Wheelbase if I remember right is shorter than a 75. GM would not allow Harlow Curtis to use the 75 body on the Limited as Buick was putting a hurt on Cadillac limo sales. Buick in both 40 and 41 had a limited number custom production by Brunn of a Limited town car and supposedly a four door convertible although I have never seen one. There is at least one town car in existence. That program was dropped in 42 as they were costing Cadillac too many sales.

I should have recognized that. I know of one other of these '41 Series 63s in a yard in Kansas. This one has a partition. The Buick Limiteds looked much better than these Series 63s. Those Buicks were gorgeous!

I had a beautiful 41 Limited divider limo skirts and all even shortwave radio. I could not drive it as the seat did not go back far enough and every time I stepped on the brake I knocked it out of high gear Sold it many years ago to Doug/Dick Scott from CA. He came all the way to Pa. and drove it to the west coast. Still have one 41 Buick a Century 66S two door fast back. Oh yeah I still have a 41 90 Limited in the yard a rusted disaster I should scrap.

That car is a long wheelbase 1941 Cadillac Series 67. Fisher body on a 139" wheelbase.

Series 75's had 136" wheelbase in '41. Series 67's were the longest wheelbase offered on a GM passenger car in '41 excluding commercial chassis.

Attachments

• cadillac-series-63-1941-1.jpg
    cadillac-series-63-1941-1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 141
  • cadillac-series-62-1941-6.jpg
    cadillac-series-62-1941-6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
OK I see the 63 body was shared by as lowly as a Pontiac Streamliner The eight cylinder was only $25.00 more than the six. The 62 bustle back sedan body again was shared all the way down to Pontiac In the Torpedo models. You got a hell of a deal from GM with the Pontiac as you got the same interior room as a Cadillac or Buick Roadmaster for hundreds less.

Somewhere I have photos of another Series 67 that is still at Easy Jack's Auto Salvage in Junction City, KS. Similar condition to this one.

BTW- The grille for this Series 67 is inside the car.

Back