1960 Pontiac Bonneville Ambulance

Looks like a Superior, built to military specs. I think the car looks very nice and it appears to be reversible, should someone require that. Great colors, lose the spare tire in the compartment, add a stretcher and you are in business, so to speak.

Direct link: 1960 Pontiac ambulance

233976_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

A 60 Superior Pontiac is so rare it certainly would warrant "de modifying" the patient compartment and the simple change of going back to original rims and dog dish hubcaps. Finding proper linoleum would likely take some work. In the end though far from original, you would likely have a very nice driving example that would portray its initial use.

It would take a lot of money to un-do all that is incorrect on this one! You would be better off starting with a coach that needed a full restoration.

I'm with Kurt on this. Getting the interier back would be vary expensive. Now making a blue and white ambulance out of it with a chevy engine would not be that hard. I can't understand why people don't at least stay with the same brand of engine. And if you were going to do this why not add the over drive transmission. Make the car a lot more drivable.

According to B-J website, this ambulance changed hands for $13,750. Congratulations to the new owner, in spite of what has been discussed here, I think it is a sharp ambulance. I would change the steering wheel, the original style wheels, hub caps and tires and tidy the rear compartment and enjoy the heck out of it.

Back