Pro car in vintage truck magazine

While shopping at the local Tractor Supply Store, I was thumbing through the March/April 2012 "Vintage Truck" magazine when low and behold there is a nice article and photos of a 1951 Chevrolet Barnette Ambulance. The car was once owned by the Masonic Hospital in Utica, New York. I believe the current owners last name is Gala. You can go to www.vintagetruckmagazine.com and see mention of the article.

I can't find the article in that link, but a quick Google search suggests this is probably the car -

http://www.kitfoster.com/carport/2008/07/barnette-dance/

2008-7-3_BarnetteRFWeb-Large.jpg

Thank you

That is indeed the car that is in the above mentioned article. The link above only mentions the article that is in the magazine. Thank you for locating the information and sharing. I thought it was unique spotting a pro car in a truck magazine at a tractor supply store. It appears to be a very nice car.

That '51 Barnette Chevy is really a handsome car! The '50-'54 Chevrolets seem to get overlooked in favor of the "sexier" tri-year cars.

Again

Ironically, at the same tractor supply store, today, thumbing through the July/August 2012 edition there is an article about REO Speedwagons which were made in Lansing, Michigan. There are several photos of various REO's and one happens to be a hearse.

Nice looking ambulance! It is nice to see that it isn't just members of the PCS who appreciate these fabulous cars and their histories!

Ironically, at the same tractor supply store, today, thumbing through the July/August 2012 edition there is an article about REO Speedwagons which were made in Lansing, Michigan. There are several photos of various REO's and one happens to be a hearse.

Soooooo...ALL the members of the band came from Lansing,Michigan ??..:yankchain:

That car belongs to my neighbor Mike. He bought it from a hospital in New York where his wife used to work.
About 7 years ago, him and his wife went back east to visit family. They visited the hospital to say hello to her former co-workers and saw the car sitting in disrepair in a lot behind the hospital, He bought and shipped it back to California.
Mike is a master carpenter, he completely renovated the wooden floor and cot rails.

Here it is at the GM show last month:
img34992.jpg

img35002.jpg

Back