Transmission Fluid for 70

James Fischer

PCS Member
Looking to change the tranny fluid in the 70 Superior Cadillac.
From what I was told,
DEXRON-VI is the new GM universal fluid as of 2006. It superseded the now-obsolete DEXRON-III.

The guy at Kragen said that he was told there were some issues using the replacement.....when I asked "like what" he could not give me an answer ?:confused2:
and the 2 other "customer assitance" techs had no clue at all ....

So has anyone here heard of any issues ??
or is the DEXRON-VI ok to use ?

Thanks all !

Dexron

Looking to change the tranny fluid in the 70 Superior Cadillac.
From what I was told,
DEXRON-VI is the new GM universal fluid as of 2006. It superseded the now-obsolete DEXRON-III.

The guy at Kragen said that he was told there were some issues using the replacement.....when I asked "like what" he could not give me an answer ?:confused2:
and the 2 other "customer assitance" techs had no clue at all ....

So has anyone here heard of any issues ??
or is the DEXRON-VI ok to use ?

Thanks all !

Not sure if that is ,but Dexron III is which is available at most parts stores is compatible. It will say on the bottle what it is backward compatible with.

DEXRON-VI is known to the State of California to be a carcinogen. In the other 49 states, it is safe to use. :D

the problem with moving to Oregon is you have to live with all those other run away Californians.

but God has just about eliminated the reason for the tree huggers so it might be OK for awhile. wonder were those spotted owls are living now.;)

Back