1969 MM Classic 48

I recognize this car, because it is owned by a PCS member, however, this is the first time that I have seen so many pictures of it. It is amazing how much of it is different from my 1969 Miller Meteor ambulance, from the location of the siren switch to decal on the rear door. I have never seen that decal before on any Miller Meteor. Almost makes me wonder if it was a factory option or something that was added later in life.

When I first spoke to Jim about this car, he said that he wanted $25000 for it. Not seeing the car in person, I couldn't say if it were worth that or not. I believe that had the engine bay been detailed, that the car probably would have done better.

Followed the bids this week and Im surprised, it stayed at 11300$ for almost 2 days. How strange the bay is, some parts cars can be valued around 5k and up, and a super running, plated, freshly painted low top gets only 12k.

Ebay has been a strange place and lots of items either have no bids, or low bids. In the case of this ambulance, I thought it would bring more money, perhaps even 20K, but I was wrong.

if everyone willing to spend big bucks all ready has one it won't bring it.
but I'm in Paul's court on this one. by not cleaning up the engine room you get left with the impression that maybe other things might be under that beautiful polished paint. when all you got to go by is pictures that sticks out like a zit on your nose. trust me I have done the same mistake. in fact I have seen a rough body with a clean engine bay bring more then the other way around. it is curb appeal that makes the sale and if it looks like it should run good your half way there.

Back