'02 Ford P-71 Low Miles

In my part of the world, many demolition derbies do not allow the '03 and newer Crown Victorias and Grand Marquis because of the "beefing up" of the chassis/suspension in '03.

Pete,
Were the supension changes on all Crown Vics and Grand Marquis, or just the squad packages?

Changes were on all, but P-71 had stiffer bushings heavier sway bars HD struts and shocks and heavier frames also gas tank protection. Just fixed ins. loss 05 Grand Marquis granddads car (not mine) 73k looks like never driven in the snow spare tire never on ground. They are out there. Waiting now to see if can buy 08 P-71 13k orig miles fire chiefs car front hit but drives again a total by ins standards. The beauty of 03 to 11 cars is front end (steering and suspension ) are all mounted on completely removable aluminum cross member and they changed to rack and pinion steering. We have many townships around here still running CVs. Oh yeah just sold a 72 Cadillac El Dorodo convertible to a demo derby guy I asked how are you going to make this work answer " we are going to make a top for it". HUH????

I currently own a '03 Grand Marquis GS and an '04 Crown Vic LS. Absolutely love driving both cars. 2 of the best daily drivers(and cheapest to maintain) that I have ever owned. I put something over 50,000 miles a year on the one that I drive. 26.7 MPG on my trip into Chicago yesterday.

Back