Tonight in Alliance

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Well the meet has yet to "officially" start but no meet is complete without Dan Herrick's car breaking down. I got Dan into a repair shop and hopefully it will be back in time for the Code 3 Run. Dan and Jerry are in and we enjoyed a nice meal at Polinori's Palm Garden Inn tonight before I had to go to a EMS Liason meeting at the hospital.

oooooops!!

We manged to miss our flight due to heavy traffic so will miss tonight. We are getting a later flight so should be in Alliance early Saturday.

Let me start with I am not having a brake down! my car is having a break down!:(
It is deja-vu all over again!:mad:
I am not having a brake down! my car is having a break down!
This time not only is it loosing power it also had a spell of backfiring.:confused:
I am not having a brake down! my car is having a break down!:)
No Jerry I do not need a ride to the hospital!
Let me start with I am not having a brake down! my car is having a break down!

I think i need to move back east. You guys back there seem to have more fun with your cars than people up here in the Northwest. Maybe when i retire, or go on disability i will!

Dan.... you need to check for a cracked distributor car or a damaged distributor rotor. Backfiring is usually caused by an ignition problem. If it isn't an ignition problem, then it is a defective timing chain that is the problem. The valves are no longer opening and closing in proper relationship to the movement of the pistons. This is a relatively easy thing to check if you know what to do. Hopefully your "technician" away from home will know how to do this. Just let him know in advance that there is no "OBD" panel to plug into... If he gives you that deer in the headlight stare, then you need to find someone that is older, and understands the mechanics of how an engine without a computer operates...

Dan.... you need to check for a cracked distributor car or a damaged distributor rotor. Backfiring is usually caused by an ignition problem. If it isn't an ignition problem, then it is a defective timing chain that is the problem. The valves are no longer opening and closing in proper relationship to the movement of the pistons. This is a relatively easy thing to check if you know what to do. Hopefully your "technician" away from home will know how to do this. Just let him know in advance that there is no "OBD" panel to plug into... If he gives you that deer in the headlight stare, then you need to find someone that is older, and understands the mechanics of how an engine without a computer operates...

Sorry, Dan cannot answer right now, he is sedated. Besides, he can't type while he is wearing "that" jacket.;)

what do you mean you can't plug it in and have it tell you what is wrong. sounds like a 75 I brought home that had a crack in the carbon between the coil and the rotator. loss of power back fire and cost to a stop. let it cool and fire it right up and go tell it opened up again. Dan is not having a break down his car is broken down he is having a kanipshin fit. :eek: ;)

Tonight in Alliance 08/07/09

Well we kicked it off tonight with the Code three run. We had seven cars, we would have had eight but Dan's is still in the shop. We made it to the winery okay but Dan Skivocke really liked the port wine. I will post pictures.

Pictures

I emailed the photos to Carless Dan and Jerry to see if they can post these as I always have problems. The run was really really great lead by my 1970 MCC Ford Vanbulance, Mike Stevens 61 MM with his screaming duotone,Jim and Amy Schultz in their 72 CB, Jerry J. and his partner Carless Dan (poor thing, no car) in his 82 Superior, Dan (aka The Mort on Port) Skivolocke in his 59 superior, Mark Teague in their 59 Superior endloader and taking up the rear was somebody's Godfather in a rather striking Buick Flxible ambulance. Thanks to the Marlboro PD for getting us through those intersections!

Somebody please tell me Herrick's breakdown was actually his 1970 Superior 51" ambulance. Don't know if I should even show my face in Flint if it's his other car... :eek:

Nice job with all the detailing Dan, but she's obviously protesting to becoming a SENIOR. :p

Tony,
Sorry to tell you that it was the 78 MM. The good news is you should not worry about going to Flint. You can not be held responsible for the fact that the fuel pump that I had previously put on it failed. Now on the other hand I found out today when I piked up the car, it has been fixed, that the mechanic that fixed it has in a sense a connection to the PCS. Seems he is the one that dropped Dan Skivolocke's limo off the lift. This was the person that Ron had me take my car to!!!

Back