last set of screws are in

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
so we took the 67 on the ice cream run. I like the way it handles and drives we will need to do the wheel alignment on it before we get it out of town but now at least you don't feel the front strut rods move in and out. but 20 bucks worth of fresh gas and the old gal will pop right off. we stop the cackle next Friday. so all in all a more then anticipated project. but we did complete brakes down to the steel lines and new drums in the rear with new master cylinder. changed one main leaf spring. had to change one push rod and of course all the belts and hoses under the hood. the heater cores front and rear are now new. replaced some of the interior and the rest either repaired or cleaned up will. the big idem was the chrome platting at around 3 grand interior was next followed by paint products. just for information what your looking at cost me just under 11000.00. the internal engine work was farmed out as was the rear axle bearing. things I did not do were front and rear bumpers and the windshield. the curtains still need made up. there is not any labor figured into that dollar amount. and I may have forgot a ticket or two. but then I might have missed a decimal point or two adding also. it all washes out. if was a fun project now to get the 53 started. we need to get a good car cover for this one before winter as it will have to stay outside with the limos and the 72. we are working on land for a building to get some stuff moved inside. but for now it's 4 out side.

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpg
    IMG_4382.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4385.jpg
    IMG_4385.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 213
I like this set of years they handle nice, got a lot of zip. We start driving it around a bit and get some stuff loosened up it should make.a good car.the color combination is what makes it a sharp car. It's what cought my eye the first time I saw it. Now then if I could just find a paint I could spray it would really make a difference.

Thanks, ED. It looks great. I noticed the antenna port. All the coaches of this vintage that were owned by funeral home where I worked were radio delete cars.

we did not add it but some one else did. all the cars these years were wired for the radio. the 66 I did had the factory insulation. you can always tell by the way it's put in the fender if it"s factory or not. but the one thing that was factory and still works is the clock.it just ticks away.

So sad to hear that this beautifully restored car will be sitting outside under a car cover throughout a miserable SD winter. Maybe you can find a museum in the area to keep it in until spring?

Looks great Ed. I guess the towns folks are used to seeing you show up in a variety of funeral vehicles in varied states of restoration.

spend about 3 hr today tracing down a intermittent open in the rear dome light. it's been that way from day one. the bugger was it would show current with the test light when the bulb was not on. the old switches are a problem but we soaked them in the cleaner so other then the wear hanging them up they make good contact. it was one of those open the door it was on then the next time off if it was off and you touched the light it would come on. just crazy. needless to say now ever connection is cleaned and shinny it has a extra ground strap and after we tossed the old bulb away it works. we could test the bulb all the day long and get it to light up. it had to be the hair wire in the base as the filament was good. but it works now glad I wasn't trying to earn money on this job. I have seen it before but not vary often.

Attachments

• IMG_7606.jpg
    IMG_7606.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88
Back