Extra Load Tires

Hankook Optimo H724

P235/75R15 XL 108S W They run about $90.00 each..just bought my 2nd pair for the 70 Superior....

You can find them at Americas Tire,Discount Tire,Wal-Mart,Summit Racing,Sears and a few others.....

Cooper also makes a WW ,however it does not have the same mileage rating.....

Last edited:
Regarding the Kumhos,I was also told that they were on "EIO" status...??
Not being too familier with tire inventory jargon I asked exactly what that is.....his reply "Existing Inventory Only"... once that is gone NO more.

Also regarding the Hankooks I was told that they too will be getting rid of the WW's within the next 6 months.....however the same tire in BW will still be available...
I was told by Americas Tire that they are one of the top 5 selling tires for them ??
I just dont understand WHY these companys get rid of something that sells very well.....

too bad, I bought mine couple years ago, they were priced great, and looked great, on my 1976 Cadillac Series Seventy five Sedan.

Hankook Optimo H724 Tire P235/75R15 XL

Those are the same tires as I said in my earlier post....they ARE WW.....

and a GREAT tire from talking to other PCS people here who have purchased them....including myself and most recently Kevin Lynch....for his M-M restoration....

James - Indeed, I was just showing that they are still available through Wal Mart. I have not used them before, but hear their tire service is great.

Thanks for the tip. Wonder if I should buy some for the future?

the only other choices I can find are coopers. they run about the same money
but are not the extra load. they are only a standard load at 2089 lb at 35. like these there a 29 in tire as appose to the 890 that were a 31.

Thanks for the tip. Wonder if I should buy some for the future?

I would say yes, since both the size and the white wall appear to be rapidly disappearing. As the newer cars move to larger diameter rims, there will be less demand for this size and even less demand for the whitewalls.
Our cars originally used 8.20 x 15 tires, and those were replaced with letter series tires. Now letter series tires are also a thing of the past, and have been replaced with metric sizes.

XL and Limos

Speaking of extra load tires, will be 1965 limos (which I'm finally receiving this week-end) require XL tires or do limos use "regular" tires?

all the cars require the large 15 in tire it only stands to reason you buy the one that would carry the heaviest load you can. the part that eats me up is that every time they make a run of these they make them smaller. the 235 started out as a 29.5 in diameter tire now it's down to 28.5.

Wouldn't it be an interesting statistic to know what percentage of this "final run" of Hankooks was purchased by PCS members? ;) I've got my stash!

Paul wrote:

I couldn't buy any because of the hoarders!!!!!!

Paul...

COLLECTORS !!!!! ...not hoarders ! :)

Remember, your wife reads these forums too. ;)

Darren

Back