First cruise-in

Went to my first car cruise-in with my "new" car today. Only one other Professional Car there....gee, wonder whose that was? Had a nice time, although had to get out my owner's manual to prove to a guy that Cadillac DID make limousines in the factory, that it was not a stretch from an out-sourced company. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable day :specool:

Attachments

• Westbury2010 007.jpg
    Westbury2010 007.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Westbury2010 002.jpg
    Westbury2010 002.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Westbury2010 004.jpg
    Westbury2010 004.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 193
It is looking really good Shawn, looking forward to seeing it in Albany :biker:

It is looking really good Shawn, looking forward to seeing it in Albany :biker:

Unfortunately, this one will not be in Albany....haven't had it long enough to trust it and I have scheduled the radiator to be re-done the week we are away, so that when we get back I can put it back in and that will be finished.
The burgandy one will be there.....

History

Shawn: Do you know where your BEAUTIFUL in-servce at new? MM

This is what I know so far. Protect-o-Plate was in the back of the warranty booklet. The gentleman I bought it from said "here is the owner's manual and other stuff, never looked at them". I bet now he would have wished he did.

Name on the protect-o-plate is Robert Ruliph Morgan Carpenter Jr.
Car was purchased on 7/22/68 at Delaware Motor Company, Wilmington, DE
Address on the plate is the DuPont headquarters building in Wilmington, DE

Mr Carpenter's mother was a DuPont. His father was an executive or such there. Robert Jr was the owner of the Philadelphia Phillies from 1943-1981.
Pretty cool, huh?

At some point, the car was purchased by the Stevenson's Funeral Home in Dover, DE. There is a car dealer tag/sticker on the back that says George Hoffecker Auto, Smyrna, DE. I am thinking that the car was sold or traded there and then sold to the funeral home. They had it until at least '93, as I have an insurance card with their name and date on it.

Then, car is taken to Carlisle flea market and sold to the man I purchased it from in 1996. Then I purchased it July 5, 2010.

Needless to say I am impressed that it was originally owned by someone somewhat famous. Who knows how many rich people rode around in that car...maybe I should take the back seat out and look for money that may have fallen out of their pockets.....my luck I would find a quarter!!!

Had a nice time, although had to get out my owner's manual to prove to a guy that Cadillac DID make limousines in the factory, that it was not a stretch from an out-sourced company. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable day :specool:

I usually have the complete opposite argument.
Nice pictures.:specool:

Back