View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:49 PM
PCS Life Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default "The Rest of the Story..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Brooks View Post
Thanks for the info Tony! The website indicated only that it's presently owned by a PCS member. Now i'll have to do some digging & see if Fred Sparks & his funeral home are still around. I only lived here in Bucyrus for 3 years & ran into a funeral director @ Taco Bell the other day... I parked my hearse next to his & he seemed not too happy with me or just didn't want to talk, hope it wasn't Fred!
YES Bill... it is VERY striking! Another reason to put wide whites on the '67 Miller-Meteor with stock hubcaps
That ambulance is indeed still around! Originally owned by REEB Funeral Home of Sylvania, OH -- a firm which apparently made a habit of similarly (and impressively!) adorning their ambulances with emergency equipment (se the picture of their '68 Superior Cadillac below) -- the vehicle was subsequently owned by Fred Sparks of "Bucyrus." He in turn sold it to Larry Robinaugh (also a PCS member) of Robinaugh EMS in Bellefontaine (OH). Robinaugh still owns and maintains this gem today!

Here are a few more images of the car... both 'back in the day' and now.