Vibration trouble

The new owner of our 1971 MM combination car has posted on Facebook pages that the car has developed a vibration during acceleration. He has had brake work done, driveshaft balanced with new universal joints installed. They have located a broken motor mount which they are in the process of correcting. Others have suggested carrier bearing or torq converter as possible causes. We had no indication that there were issues when we sold the car and are trying to help the new owner make repairs so he can enjoy the car. Any help I'm sure would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wheel bearing?

My former '73 did the same and developed a vibration between 45 - 55 mph. Turned out to be a wheel bearing. Not sure if that helps or not.

up the first thing I would do it rotate and balance the tires. see if the location changes. of if a weight fell off in transit.

up the first thing I would do it rotate and balance the tires. see if the location changes. of if a weight fell off in transit.

Yes, start with the simplest, cheapest solution. My wife's car started doing the same thing a couple days after I'd ordered new tires on Amazon. Once they arrived and I got them balanced and on the car- problem solved.

I'd be looking for somebody with a machine to balance the tires on the car.

The vibration at a specific speed window that ain't there faster or slower is generally tire balance. If it's brake balance or a wheel bearing that too will show up with an on vehicle balancer.

Thank you

The new owner did say that he had purchased new tires. I'm not sure if this was before or after the vibration issue started. I will recommend this and the other suggestions.

Back