1963 Ghia Imperial Limo

Someone has gotten creative with this one. The optional "Flightsweep" deck lid is off of a '61 Imperial. A '63 "Flightsweep" deck lid option was available, but highly doubtful if anyone would have put one on a Ghia.

A friend and Chrysler expert thinks this may be the only free standing headlight Ghia limo made. His opinion not mine the trunk treatment was done during "extensive rust repair" they were rot boxes according to him

Not the only free-standing Ghia limos built, but the only free-standing Ghia limos that actually made it to our shores! The '61s were identical to the '60s and did not receive the styling changes that all of the other '61 Imperials got. The '62 Ghia Imperial limos had free-standing headlights, but they didn't make it to our shores as they ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean along with the boat carrying them.

Your friend is correct in that they turned into major "rot boxes" if they were stored outside for any extended period of time.

I often read the PCS posts about these beautiful and unique vehicles...I am amazed; is there anything that you guys don't know!!??? I am grateful for all of the information. Thank you.

Ghia

Not the only free-standing Ghia limos built, but the only free-standing Ghia limos that actually made it to our shores!

A friend has one of the Ghia,s with the free standing lights,came from Palm Springs never really took a good look at it but the body looked nice but I think the interior is toast from sitting out side in Palm Springs. The 65 Ghia that is on EBay he had owned also at one time.

A friend has one of the Ghia,s with the free standing lights,came from Palm Springs never really took a good look at it but the body looked nice but I think the interior is toast from sitting out side in Palm Springs. The 65 Ghia that is on EBay he had owned also at one time.

Your friend's Ghia must then be another of the '63s!

This is the '58 Ghia Imperial Limo that I owned briefly. Yes, I flipped it!! I also saved it from the crusher and it is now being restored, believe it or not, by a friend of mine in Maryland. It was one rusty pile! My friend purchased 2 rust-free desert Imperial donor cars to cut up for the restoration of this one.

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 63
Back