C6B sirenlight with 1959-64 Superior mounting bracket

I totally agree with Steve that they are hard to find. For a (nearly) "apples to apples" cost comparison though, I recently bought a (completely refurbished-rechromed) Federal 66-L Siren-Light with stand from Joe Dorgan for $400.00....(I think his list price was $450.00). He has a (DUAL-TONE) Refurbished 12-V Federal 66-L Siren-Light still in inventory for I believe $450.00 as well? MM

In my opinion, you can't compare a 66L with a C6B, since they are two different class of sirens. Also, you have to give consideration to the mount, which is extremely rare, and by itself, will probably command $125 - $150 from the person that needs it. You can find many sirens, since they made so many of them, however, when it comes to coach specific mounts, they are extremely rare to find with the siren. Remember, "todays crazy prices are tomorrows bargains!"
I know that somewhere in my garage, I have a restored C6BR with that mount, that I purchased from John Dorgan, a number of years ago. I only wish that I could find it, so I could turn it into cash to fund my next restoration.

the problem with a car specific part is finding one if you need the part and selling one if you have it. If you need it you have to find some one that does not, and vice versa. the siren will sell without the mount as other mounts will go on it. but you need it for that 1960's set of superiors. simple slide one bolt locking two piece part. if there was a market for them you would think someone in the business would have recast them.

In my opinion, you can't compare a 66L with a C6B, since they are two different class of sirens. Also, you have to give consideration to the mount, which is extremely rare, and by itself, will probably command $125 - $150 from the person that needs it. You can find many sirens, since they made so many of them, however, when it comes to coach specific mounts, they are extremely rare to find with the siren. Remember, "todays crazy prices are tomorrows bargains!"
I know that somewhere in my garage, I have a restored C6BR with that mount, that I purchased from John Dorgan, a number of years ago. I only wish that I could find it, so I could turn it into cash to fund my next restoration.

Paul: I guess that I need "educated" on the (major significant) difference you are referring to between the two as I have had (and have) both. MM

They are both coaster sirens, but one is a double tone (2 sets of rotor ports), and the other is a single tone siren. This is what I meant that there were a different class of siren.

Back