name plates

would these name plates been used on the doors of the coach ?

Attachments

• book 015.jpg
    book 015.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 847
  • book 014.jpg
    book 014.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 837
Yes. I had a 1990 S&S RWD hearse that came from a funeral home in North Carolina, and they used a very similar set up on both the front doors. Of course, it may look sharp while the car is owned by the funeral home, but once removed and sold, the car has 4 ugly holes in each door that require welding and body work to put right.

ok thanks
I found 3 sets of them in a cupboard I was cleaning out last week at the funeral home I asked but all the younger guys had no clue I even asked the boss and he just gave me his blank stare ! lol so I took that as he didn't know. to them cars are just a tool of the trade and nothing more (they have NO pictures of any of the cars they once owned)

they think I'm strange for taking pictures of the cars and stuff we use in the funeral home lol

Any idea if the firm owned a mid 80's Eureka Cadillac at one time?

I'll ask Jeff when I see him next. why do you ask ??

like I said before Jeff told me a few weeks ago when I asked him for some pictures of their old coach's that they never took any pictures. they are not car guys like us.

thats why I take pictures of EVERYTHING lol

Mike, I no longer can post pictures, but look at antique coaches (teens-30s), this type of nameplate was very popular. Very cool find!

Mike: If you have access to the "BLACK BOOK" by Tom McPherson there were a LOT of (high end-first class) funeral homes in the 30's thru mid 50's that used door name plates similar to yours. MM

Mike: If you have access to the "BLACK BOOK" by Tom McPherson there were a LOT of (high end-first class) funeral homes in the 30's thru mid 50's that used door name plates similar to yours. MM

I was just going through Tom's book this morning. Weaver started in 1945 so I would think these name plates are from the late 40's to the 50's ? the only way to know for sure is to start going through the local archives ..The seach starts this coming Monday

Its our 70th year this year 1945-2015 so I'm thinking I will restore these two name plates and make a frame and present it the family this summer

( Nothing like kissing up to the boss !! ) lol :D

I just received this photo this afternoon of a late 1980's Eureka Cadillac that Evan Butchers once owned when he owned the Frankford Funeral home. it clearly shows the SAME kind of nameplate on the door same design everything but the name and the letter on topis different.

The town of Frankford is only a 10-15 minute drive from our Trenton chapel where I found our nameplates

I have reached out to Evan to see if he knows more ......stay turned

Thanks to Walt McCall for sending me this picture

Attachments

• EurCadFWD 001.jpg
    EurCadFWD 001.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 689
ok a new better picture

Attachments

• EurCadFWD 002.jpg
    EurCadFWD 002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 666
  • book 015.jpg
    book 015.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 656
  • book 014.jpg
    book 014.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 663
When my competition sold out to Rural-Metro, I made up a collage of pictures with several of their rigs centered around a big shot of their building. I also had it professionally matted and framed. Needless to say they were very appreciative of my efforts. I'm sure your boss will be pleased with his name plates mounted on a plaque.:thumbsup:

not just for funeral coaches

That type of nameplate was also used on first call vehicles, flower delivery cars, etc., also. My Dad used a Chevrolet panel delivery truck with those nice chrome wreathes on the rear panels, and attached the nameplates just behind the front doors, just above the window sill line............

Mike,

When I initially saw your post, my memory banks went to work; I was sure I'd seen WEAVER nameplates like that before, and on a silver Eureka Concours.

Sure enough... This appears to be a 1987 Concours landaulet bearing WEAVER exterior nameplates.

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to dig these out of my archives. I'll keep looking for the 3/4 front view.

Hope this might have some significance for the research you are doing on coaches owned by your firm, if this is indeed the same WEAVER.

I'm pretty sure I got this photo from my friend and fellow professional car photographer, Kent Roduck, many years ago.

Attachments

• AAAA_11_21_14039.jpg
    AAAA_11_21_14039.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,645
OMG !!!! I think thats it because Jeff told me that for a long time they had light baby blue cars thanks so much I will show Jeff and confim that indeed one of his cars.

Back