Ambulance lettering complete, for now...

I felt naked driving the Criterion with no lettering on it so, taking examples of what the lettering used to look like I came up with this design. I used Bill Wright's lettering guy. He hand painted this today just in time for the Daytona Dream Cruise this weekend. I will get the Criterion repainted at some point and will re-letter then.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Looks great. You need to get Long Hill of the front sign.

The letting looks very period correct; nice work. It is very hard to find a sign painter today. It is almost a lost art, and I have yet to find one in my area. Once the paint is cured, you may want to spray on a clear coat to protect it. You may also want to have the painter "fatten up" the cross, as it looks a bit thin. Take a look at the M-M brocure for the Criterion, and you will see what it should look like.

...I will be repainting the lighted sign to say Criterion.
Why not keep the "Long Hill" sign and make a new one to say "Criterion"? It's just a piece of plastic, you can get that at a hardware store. But the "Long Hill" one is part of it's history, and when it's gone, it's gone forever.

what they did on the sign is tape off a piece of red plexaglass on the outside then sprayed it white. so one would have to keep the lonehill sign as getting the white off it would be harder then making a new one. but I know a man that you need to talk to about putting one of them back in. it's not a chore for a kid who has never done one. then if it leaks you get wet right now in the drivers compartment. but it can be done.

Lettering

Richard, the lettering style and color combination , I THINK, are perfect for the car...congrats..

Why not keep the "Long Hill" sign and make a new one to say "Criterion"? It's just a piece of plastic, you can get that at a hardware store. But the "Long Hill" one is part of it's history, and when it's gone, it's gone forever.

Honestly, that is the direction I thought about going in. To top that off Leo asked if I were to replace the sign could he have it back which I think makes sense. He felt kind of bad selling his baby and it is the least I can do.:thumbsup:

Ok now it's time to fess up what price range does he get for lettering. you may have a number of people staying with you. maybe we could get the man to vacation in Albany. there is no comparing the hand painted lettering to anything else.

Ok now it's time to fess up what price range does he get for lettering. you may have a number of people staying with you. maybe we could get the man to vacation in Albany. there is no comparing the hand painted lettering to anything else.

He did all this for $100.:thumbsup: My vinyl lettering was $250.

bet it took him at least a hr to do it, right. this is from the time he went up to the car and opened his jar. those guys are fast.

Back