NICE 1958 S/P combination - Langley, BC

Pricy? Yes. However, because of its British Columbia location, if the price quoted is in Canadian dollars, today's exchange rate shows that $39,900 Canadian is $30,806.05 in U.S. dollars. Now....does that sound any better? It's a magnificent example of an early (built May 13, 1958) step-roof style 1958 Superior-Pontiac.

Sadly....

Ad specifies US dollars.

I spoke to him this afternoon. Poncho Collector. He was nice but, said, 'they changed the price to $40,000 US+' so, he must be getting calls. Very nicely sent me 67 pix to ascertain condition but, my computer is having difficulty downloading them off his CN. program. The Coach orig. came from IL. No A.C., typical radio delete plate, no clock. Mileage is orig. One paint (doesn't know if it was a color change). Said it's Leather & Cloth interior. Will not bring it to WA. but, suggested an open carrier (not my choice). Seemed $tuck in concrete. It's def. an early version as Superior dropped the roof line according to McPherson's book because "it wasn't popular" (??). (my opinion: I love it!). But, with transport & duties- ugh

I spoke to him this afternoon. Poncho Collector. He was nice but, said, 'they changed the price to $40,000 US+' so, he must be getting calls. Very nicely sent me 67 pix to ascertain condition but, my computer is having difficulty downloading them off his CN. program. The Coach orig. came from IL. No A.C., typical radio delete plate, no clock. Mileage is orig. One paint (doesn't know if it was a color change). Said it's Leather & Cloth interior. Will not bring it to WA. but, suggested an open carrier (not my choice). Seemed in concrete. It's def. an early version as Superior dropped the roof line according to McPherson's book because "it wasn't popular" (??). (my opinion: I love it!). But, with transport & duties- ugh

Shouldn't be any duties, as it was originally built in the U.S. I agree though, with shipping, still a big chunk of change.

My two bits

Everything important has likely been said.
My one comment though, where will you find another one? 58 was a one year only body style and in the years I have watched I have never seen anything comparable to this one. I would love to know if there is a 58 straight ambulance out there.
It has not sold with previous postings, so maybe they might move a bit.
Perfect Metropolitan Ambulance colours (Vancouver), but again I suspect all their cars would have been straight ambulances.

As an aside, when would the Federal siren it has have been first offered? Thanks in advance.

Pricey yes BUT if you got a field rat for free you could spend 35k and not end up with what you have here. The only words for this is BEAUTIFUL you can not beat original Plus this is a one year only rig.

Man, I will drink to that. Nobody would believe how much I have spent on my 68 already and it has a long way to go. If I finish it, all you can really call it is a "driver"

This 58 looks spectacular, but I am not a fan of folks who put a price on something and then raise the price.

Is that an electronic siren, or a mechanical one? I am really unfamiliar with siren controls on older vehicles, but it looks similar to the more modern siren controls for electronic sirens (including the volume control, the "siren" button, and the PA microphone). I could be wrong but I was thinking the older Q2B type sirens were more controlled with the horn button, as long as the siren control was switched to "siren" instead of "horn". Or am I completely wrong here? Unfortunately I never got the pleasure of working out of a professional car type ambulance, they were all long gone by the time I started in EMS.

before I would spend that kind of money I would go visit Rick Franklin and look at it. pictures lie from the looks of the engine room the car have been completely gone over and they missed that part. as it's a combo not a ambulance that would chop the value some. but I could easy see getting that much in redoing one. a ton of trim on a 58 anything.

Back