just cover it

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I have said it before and I'll say it again. don't let you car sit out side with out a cover on it. had to fight a little but but I was able to find me this one for 28 bucks and free shipping. some are not worth thinking about but these 4 layer ones will last about 2 years and make all the difference in how will the car stays rebuild able. keeps the sun out and the freeze and thaw cycle down. type in 58 caddy car cover on e-bay and you'll find one big enough . the seller that was peddling the superior one jumped there price on them . this one is the same. a un restored car is not worth paying the big bucks for a custom cover. but it's not good to have it futher deteriorate if you can't keep it in. the wal-mart tarp for a buck is only good for one year and you really got to tie them tight. these would good inside and out and are easy to got off to move the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0826a.jpg
    IMG_0826a.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 321
Thanks for the lead Ed! I just jumped on eBay and bought one. The blue tarps just don't even last a season. I only have one temporarily sitting outside, but it deserves better.

hmmmmm I may have to check this out it may be a bit long for my 87 Eureka but its better then a tarp I park mine in a carport all the time, so this might last longer the 2 years ???

whats the inside made of ? is its soft or is it just a better plastic fitting tarp ? what I'm asking is will it scratch the paint ??

because what I do now is when I put it away for the winter is I put bed sheets over it and then throw a plastic tarp over the bed sheets.

thanks for the tip

Mike

if I had a car that was nice I would spend the 300 bucks and get a custom fit cover for it. even under the car port it's will worth the money. the one I got for the 86 has lasted 5 years out side now. there is no substitute for a will made all weather cover. these for 28 bucks are something you put over one like the 53 project or a good dust cover for inside storage. they prevent the green house effect and sun damage further deteriorating the car. if something snags them a duct tape patch will extend them. if you loose it your not out much but as in the case of the last two cars we worked on, it would have made the difference in 5000.00 bucks in interior replacement. if just the dash pad cracks your out hundred or so.

cover

amen on car covers. ive had to empty the garage at home to make room for flooring, tile, sheetrock,trim, granite etc. ive had to take my vette out and park it in the driveway behind the motorhome and the cover i use inside is not compatible with to much weather so i broke down and bought a 399. 4 layer cover. best thing i ever did for parking outside. sun and weather resistant. put a tarp over that even. looking at one for the motorhome but too pricey right now. the eureka is sitting out too but its full of our clothes so have to keep it accesible to the wife. 59k car being used for storage. but aint puttin on any miles!! needs tires anyway so im not gonna drive it for any distance anyway.

Heres my cover....our club prez bought about 10 off of ebay from CSC Sports(?) and they were $105 US each + shipping. They are supposed to be SUV covers I think. Still looks new after a winter in Alberta.

Back