2 Pro-Cars at the Chevy Show in Nashville Tn This past Weekend

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
To Pro-Cars spotted at the Music City Classic Chevy show in Nashville TN this past weekend. I didn't take these, but they were past on to me. The limo I beleave is the same one that was posted on here a couple weeks ago. Anyone know anything about the ambulance?

Josh

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 475
Very interesting 1955 Chevy ambulance. 99% sure they started with a 4 door hardtop as the donor car, judging by the rear doors. The 4 door 210 wagons, 150 wagons, & BelAir wagons all had flat sills on the rear doors @ the bottom of the windows. The tunnel lights look very similar to Todds '57 ambo (which is believed to be a National) so that's my guess Josh... National. Interesting window treatment too, lots of windows & the rearmost ones filled.

Neat finds!

the windows don't look right for a National. most of them had the raised roof.
no I thing this one of the smaller makers cars. look again at the the tunnel light they don't look like Todd's. his are molded into the roof with a flare on either side this are just round. but remember the jury is still out on his and my 53 which have the same style tunnel lights. here is a 56 as I don't have a pictures of a 55 ambulance. on this55 the medallion on the rear is most likely the clue but who can make it out. also it has commercial glass. boy talk about a hard windshield to find. bet is a foreign made one

Attachments

• 1956 national chevy Anaconda co ambulance.jpg
    1956 national chevy Anaconda co ambulance.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 362
Thanks for posting the photos. That 1955 Chevrolet ambulance appears to be a Barnette 400 Series. Note the circular emblem on the rear fender. These contained a stylized "B" for Barnette. These Barnette-Chevrolet 400 Series models had a wheelbase of 139 inches and the ambulance was priced at $3,995 FOB Memphis. According to information available, Guy Barnette & Company Inc. offered both Chevrolet and Pontiac conversions in 1955. The 800 Series appears to have been available on the Pontiac only and had a wheelbase of 158 inches. The 600 Series had a 158 inch wheelbase (Pontiac) and 151 inch wheelbase (Chevy), the 500 Series Pontiacs had a 150 inch wheelbase while the 500 Series Chevrolets had a 143 inch wheelbase. The 400 Series Pontiacs wheelbase was 146 inches while the 400 Series Chevys had a wheelbase of 139 inches. There was also a 200 Series listed for Chevrolet only with a 115 inch wheelbase. From what can be seen in the photo, I'm betting that this is a rare surviving Barnette-Chevrolet 400 Series. That's my two cents worth.

Exxcuse me for going on and on here but, in my collection of Barnette material here I've also come across a factory photo of a 1955 Barnette-Pontiac ambulance with body work identical to that of the Chevrolet in the photo. I remain confident that this is a Barnette and wish I could post the photo for all to see.

Ruling stuff out...

Probably not a National, and I'm thinking what Keith is, Barnette. I have a picture of a '50's Barnette also, but I can't find it at the moment....

Attachments

• DSC09302.jpg
    DSC09302.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC09301.jpg
    DSC09301.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 341
Figured that the oval emblem on the rear quarter panel was the key, great detective work! Now let's help Todd & Ed figure out who built theirs?

"I" was the one that thought mine was a National. The west coast guys tell me it's probably a Yankee conversion, though they were more well known for fire trucks. West coast builders were more likely to use the S&M oval lamp like I have on the back.

Heres a few Barnette 600 series.....
16h9np4.jpg

6sanac.jpg

And a service car.
15wiexs.jpg

Scanners.......Cheap at yard sale......Hour to figure out how to use it.......Sharing.......Priceless:)

I will concur that the ambo at Nashville is a Barnette creation as well. But damnit I wish I known those cars were there! If I'd known I would have been there to photo and look over them myself! Needless to say I'll be there next year walking around!

yep that set up is the same as the add right down to the Madelon. strange looking car. I did not realise that Barnett was still in operation that long. guess I had best go back and read the Hx on them again.

Exxcuse me for going on and on here but, in my collection of Barnette material here I've also come across a factory photo of a 1955 Barnette-Pontiac ambulance with body work identical to that of the Chevrolet in the photo. I remain confident that this is a Barnette and wish I could post the photo for all to see.

Please scan and post it for us...thanks!

I will concur that the ambo at Nashville is a Barnette creation as well. But damnit I wish I known those cars were there! If I'd known I would have been there to photo and look over them myself! Needless to say I'll be there next year walking around!
Same here. I'm not a big Chevy guy, but that would have ben worth going for.

Josh

Steve, as a mere website member, I don't believe that I am able or have the priviledge of posting pictures to the site. As I said, I do have a factory photo of a '55 Barnette-Pontiac that looks quite like the Chevy posted that started this whole thing. If you've got any ideas on how I can get this and other pictures up on the site.....please let me know.

Steve, If you've got any ideas on how I can get this and other pictures up on the site.....please let me know.

click on the yellow button on the top and kick in 25 bucks. it's easy. and helps the rest of us out. costs less the 10 gl of gas and last a whole lot longer to.

I'm looking into a Pontiac site for help on my 53 they have a trial membership that is free for 30 days then you have to join to access any of the site. that at least lets you cruse and see if there is enough for you to invest your money in the site. we are still free but those of us that have kicked in are carrying the majority of users here.

Back