Help with Trim (68 Cadillac)

So I will soon be looking at replacing a few missing/broken pieces on my 68 Miller-Meteor.

I have a broken grill molding and I found a molding for a 68 Deville, but I was not sure if the Devilles and the Fleetwoods were interchangeable. It looks right, but I want to be sure before I jump in and get a part I cant use:

http://www.cadillacville.com/defaul...ures/1968_cadillac_deville_hood_moldings.html

Can anyone confirm if front trim from Devilles fit Fleetwoods or if they are slightly different?

I'm also going to need emblems for the side of the top (I think that its a cross or something according to google images)

Holy crap! Those prices are ridiculous! You are in the part of the country where you can still find that stuff in salvage yards. It should not be more that $25-$30 in a junk yard for those hood moldings. Everything form the dash-forward will be the same as a Fleetwood or deVille as far as trim is concerned.

Check with the yard on North Yale in Tulsa. They might have it.

Holy crap! Those prices are ridiculous! You are in the part of the country where you can still find that stuff in salvage yards. It should not be more that $25-$30 in a junk yard for those hood moldings. Everything form the dash-forward will be the same as a Fleetwood or deVille as far as trim is concerned.

Check with the yard on North Yale in Tulsa. They might have it.

Ok I will give them a call. Thanks alot

Blake, try Honest John's Caddy Corner. 12603 FM 407, Justin, TX 76247 940-648-3330 www.honestjohn.com I have been buying parts from him for 17 years and have always been pleased. His dad used to own a funeral home in DFW Metroplex.

I would just jump in your car and drive over there. What is it, 15 minutes from you?

I might. I called today during my lunch break, lady said she doesnt know but they will be closed all next week. So I may just take a trip down there. 10 min from my house actually

Blake, try Honest John's Caddy Corner. 12603 FM 407, Justin, TX 76247 940-648-3330 www.honestjohn.com I have been buying parts from him for 17 years and have always been pleased. His dad used to own a funeral home in DFW Metroplex.

Thanks, will add that to my list.

There is also an all-Cadillac salvage yard in the Olahoma City area. I have forgotten the name of the place, but Steve Loftin will know it. If you are unable to locate those hood moldings close to home, I do know where there are several '68 Cadillacs in salvage yards up my way.

Bruce,
That could very well be. I purchased it on eBay and the seller didn't know where it was from.

There is also an all-Cadillac salvage yard in the Olahoma City area. I have forgotten the name of the place, but Steve Loftin will know it. If you are unable to locate those hood moldings close to home, I do know where there are several '68 Cadillacs in salvage yards up my way.

I'm going to go out to North Yale Auto soon, the completion of my repairs keep getting delayed so I'm hoping to have the hearse back in my possession today

One more sign you need to find a different repair place. When the bump jobs in front of yours they are not interested in doing your work. Then what normally happens is it gets draged in and a rush job done on it. It all starts with biding the job high. You say go ahead and it goes down hill from there.

Now I will say I have no knowledge of the car, the shop or the reason behind any of this. Just saying I have been there a number of times.

The last one for me was the front seat on my 67 took me 6 months to get that one back. But I will say the guys that did the work did me a good job.

One more sign you need to find a different repair place. When the bump jobs in front of yours they are not interested in doing your work. Then what normally happens is it gets draged in and a rush job done on it. It all starts with biding the job high. You say go ahead and it goes down hill from there.

Now I will say I have no knowledge of the car, the shop or the reason behind any of this. Just saying I have been there a number of times.

The last one for me was the front seat on my 67 took me 6 months to get that one back. But I will say the guys that did the work did me a good job.

They did tell me about a few unexpected delays besides the fuel line fitting. Apparently the last delay before that was when they were fitting the new brake drums the brake line snapped in half due to rust. I can say though that im glad the brake line snapped in the shop as opposed to when I was driving.

While they have been friendly and have seemed pretty open when I asked questions I am still going to ask for an itemized receipt when im done and see if I can get some comparisons down the line to see whether or not things were priced fairly. The waiting has been the hardest part so far.

Back