1993 Cadillac ambulance (yes, you read that right)

Cross posting from Facebook for those of you not following the PCS there. It finally surfaced, and it's everything I dreamed it would be :D

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1993-chevy-cadillac-hearse/6288373255.html

21271046_10209575530852042_2190716910755230971_n.jpg

The most difficult and expensive part to complete will be the back door. If you have the money to buy this car, then that should be a problem for you to spend the rest to complete the project.

to me the flat plain roof doesn't flow with the car. but if you want one for this kind of money I'll build you one. that 70 superior that want to the happy ambulance ground and a cheap 6 door would have been a simple marriage and you would have everything you need to have a completed car. they stopped building them because it was way cheaper to do a van not because it could not be done. of course driving it would be at your own risk I,m not going to jump threw all the 10,000 government steps just to do one. but then neather did these guys

The listing lists it as a 1991 and a 1993.

Too bad they never put a mat on the floor to prevent
the light color carpet from getting filth.

The asking price is insane.
It doesn't matter what it cost to get it there, it is the cost
to get it finished that matters now.

When it is finished, it won't be used for ambulance service as
there is no demand for a "transfer" vehicle that costs a small
fortune to produce and its 25 years old already.

Being a 25 year old dream, it sure seams like a waste of money spent so far. Which is about the asking price from what I have heard.

To make it a "tribute" ambulance, a camper or to finish it at all, will be a lot of money to buy and much more to get it usable.

All above is MY OPINION.

Question for everyone...

If you had the opportunity to buy it and finish it, what would you spend to buy it and what would you do with it ?

Post your max dollar you would spend to buy it and what you would do with it. How much do you think you would need to spend to get it to be what you would want it to be.

You are looking at about 700.00 to get new tires installed and balanced first off. ...and then the costs just keep on adding up !

In my opinion, the car looks a little top-heavy with that ultra-high roof. I think it would have looked much more balanced and proportional if the roof height stopped at the first step-up, and it would still have been functional as a transfer vehicle.

$50K to finish the interior in this rig (according to comments of those with knowledge on the other site)? Sounds like Leader Industries didn't want to interrupt their assembly line to do a "one-off" unless someone really wanted to make it worth their while!

I would still park it in my driveway, though!

My Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Graff, God rest her soul, taught me, "If don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all.". So, I will say the following:

I have often thought about how great it would be to have a 93 to 96 Fleetwood ambulance. They would be one of the best running and driving ambulances ever! The problem I see with this, is the lack of completion. In my opinion, he would have been better off, starting with a hearse and constructing the roof configuration. But, $55K, make offer, what do you think?

Back