Miller Meteor?

Josh
THANX for posting the picture!! :applause::applause:
Kinda funny, for a thread that started life about MM, only picture posted is a EUREKA!!

This is just my humble opinion based on nothing more than my impressions. Using the General Motors heirarchy of vehicles for reference: I always thought that S&S were top of the line Cadillacs (the very best), M&M's were a lower model Cadillac, maybe a very high end Oldsmobile, and Superiors were a lower model Oldsmobile. Everything else came somewhere lower in the rankings.

Don't screech and yell, that's just how I thought of them.

M-M's

I like M-M's and C-B's the best for their styling..... and a LIFELINER even better than a Criterion. Even though I owned a VERY NICE one.... and the were revered to be the best money could buy... the S&S High Tops always looked (to me) like they "cut a deal" with Joe's Camper Top Sales to furnish the tops that were molded on to an otherwise beautiful S&S Hearse. The lighted front normally red or blue window (not the proper name) even made them look even more like a camper shell partially disguised with the long tunnels on each side. Only my opinion. MM

do avatars count

Do the avatar pictures count? If so Josh's 67 and my 61 make 2 M-M coaches with pictures here.
But then we go back to what Rick said. We love them all. I just thought that one picture was of a beauty of a coach. Now you tell me its a Eureka. It is still a beauty.
The question here was why do we like M-M coaches. Did it get answered? I think it is something intangible. Part of it may have to do with meeting the people who built our coaches when we go to the reunions. Maybe we should just state what we like about our coaches no matter what brand they are.
Mike
61 M-M

Hey Mike, don't forget Jeremy's avatar picture has 2 M-M's in it also, and Danny's has one too.:D

It is interesting to hear everyones opinions, like Danny and others have said, they all have there good and bads, and some people prefer one coach builder more than the other.

While i do think that Miller-Meteor's are one of the better quality built coaches, they are all beautiful works of art, and they are all special to people like us. Like I have said before, I do own a Superior, and have owned it for about 8 years or so. It was my first Pro Car, and I don't ever plan on parting with it. I have owned a few Superiors and a S&S in the past, and enjoyed them all. And yes, I would own another Superior, and another S&S. Or even a Eureka.

Just like there are Hearse guys, Ambulance guys, or Limo guys, theres M-M guys, Superior Guys, or S&S guys and so forth. But when it comes down to it, we all have one thing in commin, we're all Pro Car guys.:cheers::my2cents::)

Josh

Do the avatar pictures count? If so Josh's 67 and my 61 make 2 M-M coaches with pictures here.
But then we go back to what Rick said. We love them all. I just thought that one picture was of a beauty of a coach. Now you tell me its a Eureka. It is still a beauty.
The question here was why do we like M-M coaches. Did it get answered? I think it is something intangible. Part of it may have to do with meeting the people who built our coaches when we go to the reunions. Maybe we should just state what we like about our coaches no matter what brand they are.
Mike
61 M-M

All Pro Cars are unique. Anyone who Bought one or more new had the vehicles built to their Specs/use.(Usually) But I look at it as Buying a cadillac vs ford etc each car has its options. style/design. handling.
size etc etc. It Just comes down to an Individual or Company choice
I have worked out of Superior. S & S. M-M. American Coach. Starline
Wayne Vanguards. Springfield travelall. When you talk Newer Vehicles
I have probably worked out of Everything Made (I worked for a Company
and They would buy New Van(s) and then the next time try another manufacturer

Its all in the Choice of the Buyer

P.S. I love My M-M. it is almost ready to come out of the Paint shop

Russ

I have owned M&M, S&S, Superior, CB, Eureka,and some other "minor builder" built cars. The all have there plus and minuses. I presently have 3 M&M ambulances I am working on. One of my favorites are the sixties Superiors with with the angular windows. But, I like them all.

Miller Meteor

First of all, even though I have owned more Superior's than Miller Meteor's, and have nothing against Superior's. or any other coaches, I am just more partial to Miller Meteor's, but I was wondering, what makes the MM's seem more desirable to us Pro Car collectors? Even though the MM's weren't the top of the line coach, and seemed to be more of a coach for a Funeral Director or Ambulance Service on a budget, in my opinion they are one of the most well built, and best designed coaches, and seem to hold up better than any of the others. For example, I was out in the shop a couple of weeks ago, and my neighbor came over, and while yes my Superior is torn all apart right now, he has seen it several times before I started the restoration, he thought my 67 MM was about 10 years newer than the 71 Superior. Even the 71 MM I use to own, was in better shape than my 71 Superior, or any of the other Superior's I've owned. Even the 90 Superior. Although, I have to say, the 81 S&S seemed to have held up extremely well, it seems like the MM's hold up the best. and seem to be a better quality built coach.:my2cents: So, lets hear your 2 cents.

Josh

I to Grew up Loving the Miller Meteor's it s there Design i like .. and Now i Own a 1987 Miller Meteor .. Still keep my eye open for older Models :agree:

Back