TPC 166 Arrived!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
What a surprise! Today TPC 166 arrived in my mailbox and it is a good one! If you are a fan of 93 to 96 Fleetwood Brougham Professional Cars, as I am, then you are in luck. this looks like the first and last words on the subject, they are wonderful cars. Fabulous magazine, as usual!

Got mine in Southern CA today too! As I have implied before... it almost seems like I am "cheating the system" getting all this very in depth information, stories and pictures from "pro-car icon-legends" like Tom McPherson and Walt McCall just for the (already very reasonable) price of annual dues at the PCS. MM:applause:

Yes! Very clever "personalization."

Our TPC staff really outdid themselves on this issue. Tom McPherson puts hard work into all of his writings, but really went above and beyond on this one, especially with the in-depth interview.

It was my honor and privilege as well to have been invited to contribute to this issue.

Thank you, gentlemen, for everything you do, not only to make PCS shine, but in sharing your knowledge, photos, and material with enthusiasts.

FYI, I did not receive mine in the mail.

PCS member Randy Loy, who lives in the same town as I do, got his and found my mailing card attached to his mailing card. He asked me if I got mine, and I had not. Randy is an ambulance guy and this is basically an all-hearse issue, so he gave his to me. So I'm fine and caught up.

Just wanted to let those who handle mailing know this happened.

I do like the license plate!

Has anybody noticed something special or unusual about the cover of this edition?

I feel like a moron now. I noticed it, but it did not click until after I read this comment, then looked again and it was any more obvious it would have bitten me. I blame it on lack of sleep the first time I looked. That's my story and Im sticking to it.
Every time I read an issue I do not think it can ever be topped, then the next issue proves me wrong. Im always impressed with the in depth stories and info, and the work that goes into researching something like this. Great work guys!
Im one of the oddballs that love the newer coaches just as much--if not more--than the older ones so I love features on the newer stuff sometimes. Im also a hearse guy, so this issue was nothing more than perfect!

When the TPC arrives and the Self Starter are in my mail box a few days apart you always know its going to be a good week. I gave the TPC a quick look and am chomping at the bit for the weekend so I have time to read it. I am 100% sure it will be as great as all those that came before.
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE WRITERS & CONTRIBUTORS !

I couldn't agree more with all of the previous posts. An EXCELLENT issue,as they always are. For myself though, this issue will always be extra-special as I custom ordered a 1995 S&S Victoria on June 23, 1995 and took delivery on Sept. 27, 1995 from Tammy Parks of Parks Superior Sales, Somers, CT. In my photos are four photos of it, two of which were taken at the funeral Home on the date of delivery. The vehicle was showered with TLC by myself until selling the funeral home in July 2014. Unfortunately she had to go with the sale. I hold visitation rights and do on occasion still apply a little TLC. With a little luck I might me able to rescue her when the current owners decide to let her go.

Should have had the business sell the hearse to you prior to the sale of the business. That way, it wouldn't have been an asset of the business. Hopefully they will take good care of it, and when the time comes, you will get to purchase it. It might be a good idea to inform Parks Superior that you would like to purchase it, should they trade it without your knowledge.

What about other makers using same chassis? Federal, Eagle, Eureka, all seem left out. How come?

Like some earlier editions of TPC, this issue had a central focus: the 1993-1996 Superior and S&S products. The significant competitors for these Lima-built prfoducts were detailed within the competitive comparisons table in the appendicies. While other builders did indeed employ the 1993-1996 Fleetwood platform, the offerings from Superior and S&S were far and away the most popular with buyers as well as being landmark vehicles for Accubuilt.

how about just saying that this was the company that the information was on hand for. for a volunteer group with in our group to assemble put together and have published the 6 issues a year if a feat that amazes me. were I may not be the read cover to cover kind of guy thee is plenty of things to keep my interest threw the magazine. the Henny chapter is about the only one I read cover to cover. not because I'm excited about Hennys, I just like George's wit.
but each time the publishing committee gets one out I'm reminded of what a daily grind this chore is and how decanted to the club they are.

I have to say...best issue so far in my opinion! Really made me proud to have a coach from S&S from this time period. Like John, I also love the modern professional cars and really enjoy seeing them featured in the magazine. But the highlight for this issue had to be the interview with Don Cuzzocrea. Not only was it entertaining and enlightening, but it's so important that these people who are in the coach building business have their account recorded for history.

Yes! Very clever "personalization."

Initially conceived as a "crazy idea" to fill the empty license plate pocket, Brady Smith took the suggestion seriously, and made it happen with the artistic talents our own Brian Stahl. Kudos to the creative Brian and thanks to Brady for seeing the potential by personalizing this cover photo. The PCS is blessed to have such talent as these two guys possess producing our award-winning publication.

Back