New (to me) Dietz 211

Good thing that Larry Wilson returned my crystal ball.... otherwise, i wouldn't have been able to find the video... Does this indicate that you have resolved the alternator replacement wiring issue?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8vEeLOwRo[/ame]

Wow I never realized how slow they flashed and spun back then. It might not have dawned on me except today I got passed on my motorcycle by an ambulance and fire truck and I can't help but stare at all the flashing lights every time.

I think I got the alternator wire issue resolved. I spoke with a shop in town that only work on automotive electrical, and the guy I spoke with figures that it should work fine.

We will see. I am taking the car to another shop tomorrow to see what they have to say.

The original alternator on my 1962 Chevy was replaced with a "modern" mongrel, so I went looking for a correct unit.. I found one today after searching for about an hour by telephone in California. The cost for the rebuilt unit is $125 plus $15 shipping. Even got a NOS regulator for it for an additional $30!! The correct parts are out there, however, you just need to do a little searching to find them.

Attachments

• alternator.jpg
    alternator.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 354
like you said take anything pos and run with it. nice light people that pass them up because of a name miss a lot. if I remember this was the one on the car in the factory pictures.

Thanks Steve,

I got the light from Steve. If it was an e-Bay purchase, I would have left a positive comment something like "Quick shipping, great packaging will do business again":cheers:

You are correct John.

Here is a picture of my brand new car. There was some debate as to the make of the light, but at the end of the day the Dietz won.

I am still trying to find someone that remembers what they had for a siren (or not) at the time.

picture.php

Back