A passage of keys

Tim Prieur

PCS Member
After eight months of waiting my, "new" car arrived today courtesy of Evan Butchers. I have longed for a 65 Pontiac high top since I sat in one down at our local ambulance company in 65. Sometimes dreams actually do come true!
:smileflagcan:

Attachments

• P1000074.jpg
    P1000074.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 269
  • P1000068.jpg
    P1000068.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 260
That is a beautiful ambulance. I LOVE the roof lights. Good luck....can't go wrong with a Bonneville....I drive one everyday (although being a 2005 model, it's a bit newer than that one----I can't believe they don't make Pontiacs anymore, that's just sad).

Thanks to every one for their comments. Without the PCS and its members I never would have been able to pursue this dream.
Evan has also been terrific in making this happen. I know he sensed my passion and was happy to see something special to him passed on to the next generation in the PCS.
:thankyou2:

Congratulations

Tim,

Congratulations on taking delivery of the Pontiac. Len Langlois was showing me pictures yesterday of it being loaded onto the semi trailer for the trip west. Needless to say, we will truly miss the car from the museum display.

The Dalles FD

Tim: Is this "The Dallas" Fire Dept. from Oregon.... or somewhere else? (*) BEAUTIFUL Car... and I don't think Evan would even consider owning any others that weren't near perfect like his Famous Green '71 S&S! Evan was the first person I learned the (I guess "Canadian" term) of a car's weight was.... "Tipping the Toledos" at....) .... very nice guy! MM

Tim: Is this "The Dallas" Fire Dept. from Oregon....
Mike, it is from "The Dalles", Oregon (check spelling) FD originally. It was later used as a first responder car for Ukiah, OR (not Ukiah, CA). My father bought it from the dealer it was traded in to in '87 (Steve Loftin drove it across the country for us), and Evan bought it from us about '95.

...Steve Lichtman was driving that car when I met him for the first time (PCS Int'l Meet Decatur '88.)
Quite true.

Very nice car. I would love to have a set of those roof lights-59 cad taillights on steroids"

I have about 6 NOS lenses, and I think that I have a few single lens lamp holders and retaining rings. Will need to look in the garage. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I am trapped under an avalanche of junk in the garage...

Back