New Hearse has arrived

We are so excited to finally have our new hearse delivered. Man this is something. We got so excited my Location Manager drove it off the trailer, straight to the car wash, then used on a service. No plates no gas but the burial was in my cemetery so worked out well.

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 476
  • h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 472
  • h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 470
  • h8.jpg
    h8.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 476
  • h9.jpg
    h9.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 473
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 472
  • h11.jpg
    h11.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 470
  • h12.jpg
    h12.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 468
This morning it is being used by my other funeral home for a trip to Florida National.

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 468
  • h14.jpg
    h14.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 468
  • h13.jpg
    h13.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 464
I am on record damning the new hearse styles I had seen for this year, but this car is one of the sharpest I have seen. I love the lines on it. Very, very nice!

The paint jobs look great, so doesn't the mini light bar, but sorry these new hearses are so darn ugly!

Richard, do you know what the electrical issue was with your coach?

Our tech is still having problems with this one. Security system related to the non existing glass breakage sensor that is no longer in the coach.

Cadillac Tech Assistance can only give him assistance with the vehicle as constructed before modification. Accubilt has authorized us to diagnose the coach but has not had much information per the tech. We normally only see coaches for normal maintenance, this is uncharted territory for us.

Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.

Richard, do you know what the electrical issue was with your coach?

Our tech is still having problems with this one. Security system related to the non existing glass breakage sensor that is no longer in the coach.

Cadillac Tech Assistance can only give him assistance with the vehicle as constructed before modification. Accubilt has authorized us to diagnose the coach but has not had much information per the tech. We normally only see coaches for normal maintenance, this is uncharted territory for us.

Any assistance you can give would be appreciated.

I am not aware of what the issue was, sorry.

Well here is the story on the electrical issue. There are two sensors that continue to draw on the battery which in time drains it. A new harness has to be installed which means it has to go to the Cadillac dealership for that once it is built. They were not aware my hearse was doing that but was held up due to the other hearse being delivered with mine had the issue. Mine has the issue too so I'm being told but have not had an issue so far. In addition the car alarm just goes off on it's own so that needs to be addressed. So far no issue with that while at the grave but has while under the car port. On top of that we found out you cannot leave the key fob in an unlocked hearse with no one inside. The system thinks the car is being stolen.
Oh boy, electronics today....

Have a customer Packard owner AND Range Rover owner don't leave the key in the switch overnight on the Rover you will be shown a dead battery in the AM. Nothing in owners manual to tell you either. Bad part is you can't install a battery kill switch cause then the computers in the system have to relearn everything. Progress is a wonderful thing.

Hopeful this is some hope for you. Brought our lead tech in from the shop to read your post. Same thing with our coach here.

Between GM tech assistance and Accubilt tech assistance this is what they found. Hope I have repeated it correctly.

Apparently GM said that the glass sensor circuit was not used in this coach. Dependent on carline model takes its signal from a sensor in the glass. But per our tech the circuit is still active and seeking for a signal from the non existing circuit. Even though the BCM is active per GM TAC it should not drain the battery. That should not cause any problem. Accubilt thinks the problem is in their wiring and working on a new harness.

The "fix" so far until a new harness is available was to disconnect the red and blue wires at the rear park assist sensor module, IIRC circuit 11 and 13

I'm just a dumb parts guy but it would seem that GM could deactivate the security sensor circuit through a reprogram in the body control module. But more intelligent minds are at work here (seriously) than mine. So until then this is our fix.

The best fix is to stay with an '06-'11 DTS coach and not waste money on a new monstrosity. But I understand that Richard had no say in the matter. ?

Back