1968 Combo in GA

not wort the time to do so for a crummy 5g. but it's typical get a car run it for a bit then park it and 5 years latter decide I'm really not using this one at all.
now me at least I could jump in one and fire it up, but that's me. looks to be will worth the money if your in that neck of the woods. the last one I got off the east cost cost me over two to get home

Mr Renstrom and I have a fondness for these, don't we Ed? Looks pretty decent, might be a nice buy for someone!

I just love the built in ash tray in the rear..... right next to the head of the stretcher!!

that was a tradition that was carried on a long time. my 72 had a ashtray in back. if things keep going the way they are it will be a roach holder. people you got to love them while you admire just how dumb they really are.

I just love the built in ash tray in the rear..... right next to the head of the stretcher!!

For years I drove my 70 in service and sometimes people would smoke before I could stop them and put there butts in the so called ash tray. Years ago I was told here on this board by members knowing more than me that this was not an ash tray but an air vent for the heater to blow on stretcher. I took mine apart after that and sure enough blower motor for heat full of ashes, etc. I cleaned it out and stopped smoking in the car altogether. Not good idea with o2 in use. Hope this helps.

For years I drove my 70 in service and sometimes people would smoke before I could stop them and put there butts in the so called ash tray. Years ago I was told here on this board by members knowing more than me that this was not an ash tray but an air vent for the heater to blow on stretcher. I took mine apart after that and sure enough blower motor for heat full of ashes, etc. I cleaned it out and stopped smoking in the car altogether. Not good idea with o2 in use. Hope this helps.

That is really funny Danny, at least it made me laugh.

My first pro car ambulance was a 64 Superior from the Lansdale Pa. Volonteer Medical Service Corps. in 1965 totaled by their insurance company due to a "Oxygen fire in the rear compartment by the right side rear door caused by unauthorized smoking" and yeah it had an ashtray.

looks like bed liner to me. but I will add there is no such thing as a O2 fire O2 will not burn. it only supports combustion.

the floor vent was often mistaken for a ash tray. when the ash tray was on the wheel well up by the door on both sides.

the floor vent was a MM thing. it worked good also.

in this pictures you can see the pt ashtray and the floor vent

Attachments

• IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 153
Back