new project

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will my buddy and I could not let it just lay there. so we went down today and picked up the Hudson could be flower car. we are in for a big change in the weather here so it was today or who knows when. others may be playing around old Hospitals driving in parades, car shows and the like but we are picking up bones.

Attachments

• IMG_2376s.jpg
    IMG_2376s.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2377s.jpg
    IMG_2377s.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2382s.jpg
    IMG_2382s.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
Within the last couple years, my affinity for '40s to (early) '60s cars converted to trucks has deepened. This one appears to be more well thought out then most. Have you figured out what truck cab was used to close the cabin yet?

Neat period piece.

Looks like fun!

John, what a great project, what a unique car. Keep us updated. How and where did you find it?

Josh

Ed, it looks like you have really got your work cut out for you! But, that will be one spectaculasr car when you are done with it! And knowing your work, it will probably be done for Spring. I can't wait to see it!

The History OF Hudson

This appears to be a 1951 Hudson. The book History Of Hudson, page 282, has a drawing of a 1948 which looks very similar. However it states " Not inspired by this drawing, a prototype cab pickup with a 1949 serial number was reportedly built in 1948." You gotta love those 40's-50's vehicles! :)

Hey Ed, did you have to pay extra the firewood in the back? Good luck my friend for you are even more brave than Obama thinking 30,000 additional troops will fix the middle east problems.

Keep us posted on progress!

Wow, that IS a neat project! Rick is right Ed. If you decide to part with it, consider me first. :) I've seen a couple "el camino" stepdown Hudsons, but still can't reason in my mind why someone would go through the lengths of transforming a sedan into a truck instead of making do with a used factory produced truck from '46 or '47 back in the '50's. Now, for the purposes of a flower car, that's a different story. That works for me! Be sure to keep us posted on progress. If you're needing Hudson parts, I've got some connections. :)

we may need your conections but we have a man here that has a number of them. there were at least 2 complete hudson cas in this yard along with a number of late 40s. this one is a 50 and we have a parts car also. it's going to be a joint effort with my old buddy. he has the engine and the abilty to make it work. I'll do the body.

Back