1974 Int'l Hightop Ambulance for Sale

Saw this while online a few days ago....here's the link to a picture and discription:

http://www.festivals-and-shows.com/...ed-wheelbase-ambulance-rockford-illinois.html

"1971 International Ambulance-4500 (?) miles

7/19/2011 (Rockford, Illinois) - Believed under 5K actual miles-not used last 2 decades-worthy resto project-trades considered/extended layaway terms. Used for advertising and promotion of Rockford Speedway until owners passing years ago, stored since, last started 3 years ago, may now be missing radiator from local thieves last winter. Still has red light and chrome siren cones on roof. $4,500. 500 other 1925-1990's vehicles from $1,500 projects and up. Cars shown by confirmed weekday appointment only-888-980-2477 (24 hour toll free voicemail)."

Tried to post picture that was online but I couldn't do it using IE...:stars:

Don

I remember hearing about a particular seller in Rockford IL and those words aren't fit for print. I wonder if this might be the same seller? What I do remember is that his descriptions are written with words that didn't quite accurately describe the vehicles current conditions, hence buyer beware...

I remember hearing about a particular seller in Rockford IL and those words aren't fit for print. I wonder if this might be the same seller? What I do remember is that his descriptions are written with words that didn't quite accurately describe the vehicles current conditions, hence buyer beware

Run Run Away >>>>>>>>>>>

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlT6owR5Ytg[/ame]

Another run-away video

Dan- I don't know how to attach videos but "run away" first came from Monty Python's Holy Grail (1972 I believe). Let me find my DVD of it.....watch out for the killer rabbit.
Kevin

wonder how old that pictures is? last time I say this one I was scared to shut the door for fear all that would be left is paint.

I wonder if this is the one that he took a ride out there to look at about 10 years ago??
It certainly is the same one. And it's a '70, not a '74 - and he knew that when I saw it. That photo was taken several years before I saw it, which was probably '98 or '99. It hasn't gotten better with age. It has far more than 5K miles, there's more rust than truck, and it isn't worth $45, much less $4500. BEWARE! Read my earlier posts for more details.

It certainly is the same one. And it's a '70, not a '74 - and he knew that when I saw it. That photo was taken several years before I saw it, which was probably '98 or '99. It hasn't gotten better with age. It has far more than 5K miles, there's more rust than truck, and it isn't worth $45, much less $4500. BEWARE! Read my earlier posts for more details.

The sad part is the miles are real miles. He got the international in 91 or 92. he got it from the track (Rockford Speedway) who got it from the fire protection district (Black Hawk Fire Protection District). The fire protection district made several attemps to get the ambulance service up and running over the years but was unsuccessfully so it sat around. The track bought it and tried to use it, but because it sat around so much they got fed up trying to keeping it up and running. Thats when the present owner got it. At that point it looked nice and 4500+ was way over priced. The ambulance has never seen inside storage since. Next time I am in the area I will take a current pic an post it. The owner of this car has ruined many an interesting cars over the past 50 years. In my opinion he is not an atribute to the car hobby. Thats for sure.

OK, I wasn't aware of the history - and he wasn't forthcoming. I didn't know it really is 4500 miles. It sure looks worse under the hood than cars I've seen with 100k miles.

He, I don't believe. You, I believe.

The problem is the dishonesty doesn't stop with the ad this guy has more tricks up his sleeve at both pre-purchase and post-purchase. The good new is that most of his cars are recognizable because he really don't get much new theses days.

Back