Superior wiring diagram

all of them i have seen show every option. i have never found them to be of much help as they are to vague. I'll check this stuff I have here ad see if we have anything.

You've done this enough I suppose you have it in your head...haha, you could probably draw a diagram out in 2 minutes. I was just trying to figure out where the wires go in the back. Also, I was tyring to figure out the wiring for the beacon, I found big wires hanging down front passenger side, cut,.

it kind of hard to tell from there wiring digram were they start from or go to. do you have a hand full of extra wires or are you missing some? if everything is hoked up the extra are just that if it's not there and has been removed then it a case of putting it back. the came down the right fender well off the right side of the dash under the sill plate under the divider under the front sill plate into he right wheel well then to the switches and from there to the components they turn on. the left side has a bundle that does the same but they are most likely only the taillights and gas sending unit. like I keep saying the hardest part of these cars is putting back right what someone else did. more often then not that some one was superior. if you can't find the wires for the second back door switch it may never have been wired. the man on the line might not have had a plug handy and just put in another switch to fill the hole. you can pick up a hot wire from the dome switch. put it on one leg and the wire coming out the other is just spliced into the back up wire. that way when the back door is open it powers the lights. closed the go off. the bundle is under the right wheel well cover. from the switches there it goes up the right rear pillar to the accessory that gets turned on. the power for the back door switches is right there in that bundle. going from the GM fuse panel to that dome light switch. my experience with superior is they only had the one power wire going back for the lights. they just spliced off it for what light they wanted power to go to. find that hot one with a test light and use it for what ever you need to power.

Here is the wiring diagrams and schematics for a 1973 Superior. I can't imagine it drastically changing from year to year but these may be of some help to you.

Attachments

• 120112083152_0001.jpg
    120112083152_0001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 120112083152_0004.jpg
    120112083152_0004.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 120112083152_0002.jpg
    120112083152_0002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 159
Send me your email please...

Doug,
I have a full set of Superior Manuals on disk. If I have what you need I will forward it to you once I get your email.

In the process of making some copies for follow members it appears that Superior didn't put wiring diagrams (like the one Jeremy posted) in the manuals till 1967. Doug and Russ once I get your addresses I will send out the copies. I would think that they will still be of some help.

Back