Kim's Easter present

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
Since we typically do not give gifts for Easter - substantial ones anyway - I figured she'd never suspect this. It is our latest "barn find", straight out of a 20-year hibernation in a small, rural Iowa community.

This beauty is all original and quite a prize if we do say so ourselves. We're not ready to "officially" reveal it yet, but here's a sneak peek. As you can see, there were several interested onlookers as we brought her out for the first time in so many years.

Our thanks to fellow PCS member and friend, John Royark, for leading us to this beauty, trusting us to take her into our care, and revive her to former glory.

Our mechanic is just as enthusiastic about this project. In the two weeks he's had her in his care so far, she's already been given the royal treatment; her 58,000 mile 429 engne has come back to life and is running smoothly and quietly.

As for Kim, she is head over heels for this car...seriously. Though it wasn't my initial intent to have it be hers, figuring she'd just say, "oh, that's a nice car; what are we going to do with another one?" she really took an immediate fancy to this 'ol girl. I don't think I could get it away from her now! :angel:

Attachments

• PARAMOUNT_HOME 003.jpg
    PARAMOUNT_HOME 003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 635
Tony, congrats on your lastest addition to your collection of fine pro car's. and i,m going on the 1967 for the year.

Congratulations to Kim on your Easter present. I guess that this will make Tony and the car keepers forever now. My guess is that it is a 1967 Miller Meteor Cadillac combination in Sudan Beige.

Tony... I don't know who owns the trailer, but I sure would love to have first dibs on it if it comes up for sale. Paul

Tony, what a neat find! Not only did you unearth a '67... but it looks to be matching color to compliment your '73!!! Looking forward to updates on this one. :clap:
I'm guessing Superior... looks like an arched roofline and immediate transition back from the top of the windshield. (these "teaser shots" are so cool)

P.S. everything in Iowa is RURAL :hide:

Tony, looks to be a great find I hope to see the progress as this gorgeous car is brought back to life. I'm going to go with '67 Superior on this one just a guess...

Not yet, Steve!

She's not ready for proper photography yet. I can't bring myself to unveil her just any old way, especially knowing you are watching! :D

Besides, a little drama and suspense never hurt this group... :wowguy:

Excited to See Her

I love barn finds especially when I am not financing them! I cannot wait to see more pictues.

I know what it is!! and have since 2006, All I will say is its an original untouched beauty. I keept this car a secret since I learned of it, not telling anyone of its location or history. I came to realize I would not be able to afford this beauty and knew Tony would take care of it so Im glad he saw the beauty in this rare car as I did. By the way thats me in the white shirt in the teaser pic.

Project Suspense

And keep it a secret John did! I was shown photos of the car a few years ago, but had no idea the location until last Fall when we got our first look at it in person. Even then, we had no idea where it was until we were PARKED IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING IT WAS IN!

During the drive there, John kept saying he was feeling faint. We couldn't help but take him just a little bit seriously. No John...no car. :drama:

OK, here goes...

After spending a few weeks with our trusty mechanic and already undergoing several hours of cleaning and polishing, I present to you, Kim's 1967 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Paramount combination! We have a long way to go with more polishing and detailing, but here's a first look. As you can see, we've come a long way. This car is a true "barn find", having spent her last 20 or so years tucked away in a shed in a small Iowa town. She is an original, unmolested survivor with 58,000 actual miles.

There is an incredible story with many interesting facets behind this car, which you will read about soon. Meanwhile, we are getting her ready to show off at some upcoming local car cruises and shows.

"Sierra" (named for her original Sierra Gold paint) is bonding nicely with her three garage mates, especially "Pink Champagne", our 1973 Superior Crown combination.

Because our anniversary is next month, Kim has decided Sierra is better suited to be an anniversary present. Can't argue with that!

Attachments

• PARAMOUNT_HOME 008.jpg
    PARAMOUNT_HOME 008.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 199
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 201
Back