SOUTHERN CALLS magazine...

Kent Dorsey

PCS Member / Funeral Director
The South Carolina based funeral magazine Southern Calls has a new website. Included in the gallery and UNDERTAKINGS section, are some professional car photos as well as old casket bills and items of interest.

Go to

www.southerncalls.com

Southern Calls

I don't have an opportunity to go to this forum but today I did. I'm a physician and not a funeral director but I perused Southern Calls and I consider this a very professional publication. I'm even tempted to subscribe for that reason. And who knows, perhaps their archives will come up with more professional car images. I agree with Steve--the 1956 combo is just a total beauty.

Roger D White MD

Mike Squires puts out an absolute top notch publication from content to print quality. Volume 5 Sept '14 covered the Simpson Funeral Museum in a 12 page spread. As I have hundreds of items on loan for display there, portions of my collection were published.

16663287423_f482c52cd0_b.jpg

Mike set the bar really high on photography really early on.
On the home page, you can view the first four issues online. Washburn & Dorsey is featured in the middle of Issue 4. The 1981 S & S didn't appear in the magazine, and I was in the middle of trading the '97 S & S for the '08 S & S during the time the footage was shot so my flagship hearse doesn't appear.
The photographer who did our photo shoot was longtime former Anderson County, SC Sheriff Gene Taylor, who was the program director and morning personality at the radio station I worked at when I was 16 where I was the nighttime radio guy.

An upcoming edition of Southern Calls magazine will feature Vaughn FH in Spring City, TN. There is a video on Southern Calls FB page, that features Donna driving the '55 Meteor, and their limousine passes them on the highway...
Here 'tis the '55 Meteor:

Attachments

• 55 Meteor.jpg
    55 Meteor.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 244
I received my first copy of Southern Calls the Monday after the PCS meet in Houston. It had an article on the museum and one on George H. and Sons. I was so impressed that I called Mike and immediately subscribed. It is a first class publication.

Back