Skirt Question

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
Since the Series 75s used the same commercial chassis riveted wheels, is it safe to assume that the Series 75s also used the special commercial chassis skirts?
Kurt

Ed Renstrom did a thread on this, complete with pictures to show the difference in fender skirts... if I can find the thread i'll post the link for you Kurt

C.C. and Series 75 Skirts

This clarifies it for me. I just wanted to know if I should be grabbing series 75skirts when I see them in a salvage yard. I will start hoarding those as well as riveted C.C. rims when I see them in a yard.
Kurt

those skirts were CC skirts. for the 63, 64 years. 61 and 62 use a different skirt. they had to be trimmed for the 235 tires. I never had a chance to see if they would go on a standard or CC 59-60 car. but have been told they do not fit the standard. I would guess a body line on the standard car not hole size I was sitting in the shop comparing what I had in the new box with what was on the car. Paul later looked up the numbers on the box and confirming they were CC skirts. as usual I got some of the facts after the post. if it was me I would only label a used skirt for the car it came off from. I do know from parts scrounging the 63-64 cars have a body line not found on the CC cars

we had this discussion on the other site with the 71-76 years. that skirt is the same as the Deville in those years with the exception of trim added and subtracted. of course any trim can be put on any skirt and any holes filled if not needed. so they will all fit. they are priced the last time I looked from 50 to 100 bucks on E-bay. but if you need one you can't find one. I'm thinking we needed one for Jim's 66 and used a standard car skirt for it to.

all the CBs I have played with use the standard skirt.

Back