Daytona Speedway ambulances

Daytona Ambulances

Here's some more pics at Daytona. The '63 green and white Superior Pontiac belonged to the Speedway and was taken in 1972.

Attachments

• Ambulances at DIS.jpg
    Ambulances at DIS.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 484
  • Scan20015.jpg
    Scan20015.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 486
  • Scan20016.jpg
    Scan20016.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 484
Daytona Ambulances

Mike, I never used the Fort Wright car because it only had 19K miles on it and was intended to be a keeper and I didn't want to risk getting it damaged. I should have done the same with the '73 Criterion, however, by the time I realized how valuable it was, it was too late.

Ken:

When the (twin) Lange Brother delivered the '73 S&S Medic Mark-I to me at the PCS Convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul circa the mid 90's from Canada, it had just turned over 37,100 original miles and was in PRISTINE condition.

This was my 1st PCS Convention, meeting Tony Karsnia, Evan Butchers, Steve Litchman, Tom McPherson, Walt McCall (and many other senior members) for the 1st time that has lead to over two decades of good times in the PCS. I believe Evan and I had the only two S&S Medic Mark-I's at the convention then, and of course his was "over the top" at being totally equipped when monogrammed pillow cases, blankets, official run book, Fire Dept badged chauffeur's's hat etc. THANKS for the memories! MM

With "Bruce-B" being it's current caretaker, I am sure the "ole girl" will live on forever in the "pampered lifestyle" it has become accustomed to after leaving Fort Wright (KY) MM

but we don't have one clear picture of it. just the far away shots. we get this thread up to the 2000 and I'll add mine

then here are the ones I took while doing the tour at the 2013 meet. you can see how smart they finally got. you get two for one with the type II

Attachments

• 2013 meet 1.jpg
    2013 meet 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 460
  • 2013 meet 2.jpg
    2013 meet 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 2013 meet 1 (2).jpg
    2013 meet 1 (2).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 461
Back