M-M coach sign holders

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
These pictures are of the new sign holders for my 1961 M-M coach. Is there a factory spec on where they should be placed? How far apart?
These holders were supplied by a company in Canada. I don't remember the name right now.
Mike

Attachments

• MM flat style sign holder 02.jpg
    MM flat style sign holder 02.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 331
  • MM flat style sign holder 03.jpg
    MM flat style sign holder 03.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 337
  • MM flat style sign holder 05.jpg
    MM flat style sign holder 05.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 340
  • MM flat style sign holder 07.jpg
    MM flat style sign holder 07.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 339
Sign holders

Mike, that would be DNR industries up in Canada. I am guessing that the placement of the sign holders is consistent form coach to coach. However I recall correctly they sell flat bottomed sign holders and beveled signholders to suit the particular shape of the door panel to be mounted on. I could send a template from the 1969 Cadillac Sovereign of ours or the 1966 Cadillac Crown Royale of ours. Both are void of the fixtures currently and the holes would provide the location for you. When you decide, you know how to find me.

DNR and...

Michael,
Thank you for the name of the company. DNR was the place. I will keep that template idea in mind.
Mike

Darren's cars are as close to yours as possible. I would get measurements from him. Paul

Mike

I will take photos and measurements Tuesday for you.

I agree with Paul, mine are likely the closest you will find for the placement.

I will check to see if all mine are flat bottoms as well. I think they are.

Talk to you again soon,
Darren

P.S. Anything you order from DNR can be shipped to me and I will get them to you.

At very minimum, '59-'62 MM should prove the same (more than likely '57-'64 MM).

Measured a friend's all original '59 MM Landau 3-way and found two different mounting lengths in each side window: 9" and 12" C/C respectively. 9" mounting holes are slightly larger. Presumably at some point another size was added; 12" gap size was being utilized when acquired (and still is).

I'm not for sure these were a MM option or a dealer installed any I have removed have some long screws that went threw the trim pad into the door frame. if one gets ambitious you could take off a trim pad and see were the holes in it were punched they will line up with a set of holes in the top of the door frame.

Sign holders

I had a couple different name plates made by names unlimited problem all the sign mounts I had where short and the Y in the script font was to long to clear. I had a friend make some adapters that rise up so you can put a font that dips down in a short holder. Not the best pic I have but you kind of see it on the 61 pic how they act as a riser.

Attachments

• DSC08208.jpg
    DSC08208.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC08210.jpg
    DSC08210.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC08214.jpg
    DSC08214.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC02274.jpg
    DSC02274.jpg