1952 chevrolet national

I have a 1952 Chevrolet National ambulance I wish to restore. I have been told by a Chevrolet 'expert' that my car has 1949 taillights, a 1951 steering wheel, etc. Would anyone know if this was common to have parts from earlier model years on the vehicle?

I don't know about the steering wheel, but it is possible with the lights depending on what modifications the coach builder made. My 1967 Superior Pontiac was made with round tail lights that were actually for an earlier model Corvair.

I don't know about the steering wheel, but it is possible with the lights depending on what modifications the coach builder made. My 1967 Superior Pontiac was made with round tail lights that were actually for an earlier model Corvair.

Your 1967 Pontiac used taillamps from a 1965 - 1969 Corvair, which is more commonly known as the late model Corvair. The 1960 - 1964 is known as the early model Corvair. I have a few NOS ones if you need them..

Rob,
I have a 1951 Chevrolet National Imperial Series Ambulance. The tail lights used were the standard Chevy Sedan delivery taillights (see the pic). The steering wheel was the basic steering wheel that Chevy used on their Styleline model (which were the lowend models) as well as on the sedan deliveries (see pic). A lot of the same items were used on '49 - '52 sedan deliveries (the basis for these Chevy ambulances & hearses by National)

Post some pics or send them to me by Private email. What model do you have?

Attachments

• P1000870.JPG
    P1000870.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 620
  • steering wheel.jpg
    steering wheel.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 607
Pic

I'm posting the pic of Rob's 1952 Chevrolet national. He can fill in the details on it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 679
1952 Chevrolet National

I'm posting the pic of Rob's 1952 Chevrolet national. He can fill in the details on it.

Hello PCS members. This is my 1952 Chevrolet National ambulance. Its pretty much all original (except the paint job). Purchased from northern Minnesota several years ago with intent to restore to its original condition. Am looking forward to getting advice and info from anyone who offers it. I would like to thank Joe Melanson for all his help with me and this website.

what they used

Rob,
Great looking coach.
I think the builders of all coaches sometimes used whatever was availible and was economical for them. My 61 M-M Cadillac uses 59 Chevy wagon back up lights. They could not use the standard 61 back ups as they modified the rear bumpers.
Mike

Last edited:
defently a good save there on that one. most peopel would shy away from it. but it looks to me like that nice thinck layer of paint has save a nice car from the weather.

I have a 1948 Chevy National, just bought 2 days ago, and this is my first time on this site. I have some pictures but need to send to someone to put up on site.
I'm interested in any info also, so you can help 2 of us the same time.

Back