1965 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75 Limousine

Funny Looking 65

I have owned three 64s and that sure looks like a 64 to me.

'64 and '65 Series 75s were the same styling. Series 75s didn't get the new styling until '66.

GM did this hop skip three times with the 75 series, 1948-1949, 1965,1991-1992. I am not sure of their reasons in the first two cases. I was told in 91-92 it was to allow the limo/coach makers to catch up to the new (91) body style.

any good story is worth hearing. my guess is they had a overrun of parts and that one they could easily get away with using them up on. I know I had to be educated on this trick also. what i don't know for sure is if the 65 model factory limo still has the x frame. I sure they do. imagine if your a manufacturer and you find you have a excess inventory of a few thousand frames that only fit one body style? plus you are already tooled up to make that body. did the 65 75 get the new engine? did it use the 59 cown like the CC did and the special hood and fenders that went with it. or did it use the standard cowl and the standard from clip as the 63 and 64 had.

my guess from looking at the pictures is it has the 429 in it but this one is painted corp blue not the correct dark blue and it would appear to have the 64 dash trimmed to fit the 59 cowl notice the separate ends on the crash pad. which would give it the the married fenders and hood the back side is set to fit the 59 cowl and the front is the 64 design. it would stand to reason they would use up all the extra stuff on one more run then make the change in the 66 year with only the limited production car being effected. but this is only my guess you may have a different one.

Last edited:
The only real difference between a 64 and 65 limo is hubcaps and th400 transmission. Some late 64s had the transmission as well, so it can be hard to tell.

This same question was asked in 2011, and answered by one of our more knowledgeable members... http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=48039&postcount=16

Yes, it most assuredly could be a 1965. To quote from page 73 of McPherson and McCall's amazing "Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75 Limousines" book published in 2009 - "Due to the additional time required to engineer an all-new "D" body, the prestigious Fleetwood Series Seventy-Five models, unlike other members of the Cadillac family, did not receive a re-design for 1965 and retained their exterior styling from the 1964 model year." and on page 74 "The only way to differentiate between a 1964 and 1965 Fleetwood Series Seventy-Five was the three ring white sidewall tires used as original equipment on the 1965 models." The 1966 models got the all-new styling that matched the other Cadillacs of that year and that body shell, with annual cosmetic up-dates, was used through 1970.

This same question was asked in 2011, and answered by one of our more knowledgeable members... http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=48039&postcount=16

If you look at the example photo of the 1965 limousine in the book, you'll see it's actually a 1964 model! These two years even confused the authors. The photo of the landau style limousine on the next page is truly a 1965 model.

I have a 1965 series 75 limousine and the VIN starts with 65

Back