This Has Never Happened To Me Before!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
As most of you know, we have had the Superior for sale for a number of months. As time passed, I got eager to sell it. I really thought that it was time. Then, several weeks ago, a man from Germany was very interested, he even had someone come look it over. We agreed and he was to be the new owner. But, something happened in our hearts and we decided not to sell it, at least not right now. The man from Germany, who is a real gentleman, was disappointed, but he said that he really understood our decision. I have sold lots of cars over the years, but this was the first time I ever decided not to sell. So, it looks like the ambulance stays with us.

At the same time, the ambulance is being used for the TV show called Gotham. Anyone familiar the show? I have never seen it. It will be fun to see our car on tv, even if we don't like the show.

Better than regretting selling it.

Make sure you give that guy the first chance if you do decide to sell it later on.

As for renting it to a TV show... you are putting your car in harms way.

Unless they are paying large for the use of it, I wouldn't recommend it.

A few days of rental isn't worth it even if it is just scratched.

Big bucks for longer term rental may be worth taking the chance.

I have rented in the past and never again for any of the cars I care about.

Don't let the guy making the rental deal let you think the guys on set will carefully handle your car as you would. To them it is a prop they do not care about or own. Your gem in their hands is not always a good thing. I know from experience. So does Bill Peoples and his 50,000 repair bill on his rented hearse to Sony. Yes, Bill's did get fixed but ask him if it was worth it.

Gotham is on in Canada too but I have never watched it. Just seen commercials for it.

Good luck,
Darren

Bill is very experienced with rentals of his ambulances. I know that it will be well taken care of, because if it were not, he wouldn't be renting to them multiple times over the years. I only wish that they had a need for another, because I would love to have them also use my 1969 Miller Meteor ambulance.

Bill is very experienced with rentals of his ambulances. I know that it will be well taken care of, because if it were not, he wouldn't be renting to them multiple times over the years. I only wish that they had a need for another, because I would love to have them also use my 1969 Miller Meteor ambulance.

I thought that your '69 M-M was enroute to South America Paul?????

You must have gone to the Trump school of story telling!

Bill, you have a wonderful car that would be very difficult to duplicate. Hopefully you have found a way to store, and enjoy. Wish you many more hours of enjoyment!

In honor of Bill's Superior Pontiac staying in the U.S (yaaaa!) here is a compilation video of the Superior Pontiac ambulance on the 70's tv show Hawaii 5-0!

Interestingly, this Poncho appears to have a pair of Federal Juniors, which seemed popular on the C+B Oldsmobiles of the era.

I'll post a compilation video of Physician's Ambulance Caddys from Hawaii 5-0 on a new post so as not to hijack Bill's post.

Thank you Bill for keeping your beautiful Superior Pontiac in the states!!!! :applause:

Back