and the winners are:

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
Old Cars Weekly just published their list of Golden Quill Awards. The winners include "The Professional Car", Walt McCall, editor......"Wheels" Walt McCall editor, National Automotive History Collection......."On Call" Bee Hamlin, editor PCS Mid Atlantic Chapter......."The Superior Times" Brady Smith, editor PCS Michigan Chapter...... and an Honorable Mention to "Professional Car Collector" , Lou Farah editor , Professional Cars International....... CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for a job well done!

sitting on news

I have been sitting on the PCS Golden Quill Award news for several days now. My Old Cars online news gets here long before the printed copy. I sent a note to Mr McCall and he had not heard about the new awards. Now we all know. Congratulation to all.
These awards are more proof that we have the best doing the best for us.
Mike

It's no secret that Walt puts in many many hours, both researching and writing for the Professional Car, not to mention his (& Tom's) books. I'm always chomping at the bit to be able to sit down and fully digest all that's written in The Professional Car. In recent issues Tom McPherson has written some magnificent, more focused, incredibly researched articles that I appreciate.

I must say, though, that as a Michigan Chapter member, I also very much enjoy The Superior Times. Always chock-full of historical photos, it's a great read. Last, but certainly not least, is the meticulously researched writing of our own Greg Merksamer. Heck, just at the get together we had in Bucyrus, a copy of Southern Funeral Director shows up, and Greg has an article in there about our Meet in Hudson. We're really getting good quality exposure and acceptance by those with more standard automobiles. Good going, all, and congratulations! Tom

Attachments

• 2007_0617Muster0095.jpg
    2007_0617Muster0095.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 241
Back