62 M-M Guardian Ambulance - Auction

I fully appreciate it's rarity. I truly hope it ends up in the right home, preferably in our car club. I personally find these cars... not attractive, to be polite. It will probably command some very high bids, but for me, it's about going out to the garage and seeing a car I love. Best of luck for the folks here going after it.

This one definitely does look like a POS, in its present state. Missing Federal Model 18s(was normally the way they were ordered) on the front of the roof, missing skirts, and the wire wheel covers don't help matters! I think that the '60 Guardians looked better than the '61/'62s personally.

I see that Yvette has pulled this auction off of her website. I wonder what is going on here??

Auctions like this one is what Yvette does best!! No one gets more money for project cars than she does! She is definitely the one to use in selling large collections like this!

I used to get her monthly/quarterly e-mails that went out to everyone on her mailing list. Her grammar/spelling/usage were atrocious! Someone must have finally told her to either stop doing it or have someone else do it for her.

At the Nebraska Chevy dealer where they sold a lot of old cars, some which had never been sold, and some that were trade-ins the dealer kept, she also called some of the used cars MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, which means the car has never been titled). She apparently didn't really understand how the MSO is used prior to titling it to the buyer at purchase time.

For whatever it's worth...

I have done Business with Yvette VanderBrink on a couple of occasions. I have found her to be honest, helpful, considerate, and courteous. In fact I found that she goes out of her way to tell you every negative thing about any car she's trying to sell. As to the condition of the Guardian, it appears to me to be in better shape than any of the cars I own was at the time I acquired them. If I were a Guardian fan I wouldn't be afraid to tackle it

I totally agree with Brady. I have purchased 2 cars at her auctions and she is as honest as they come. Very nice gal, very "down to Earth", and extremely helpful. One of the 2 cars that I purchased did not have a title and I am sure that there was no title when the consigner purchased it. She announced at the beginning of the auction that she would produce titles on any vehicles sold without one, if the buyer requested one. I requested a title on the one that I purchased without one and Yvette had a good title to me within 3 weeks of my purchase! This particular auction was in South Dakota.

I fully appreciate it's rarity. I truly hope it ends up in the right home, preferably in our car club. I personally find these cars... not attractive, to be polite. It will probably command some very high bids, but for me, it's about going out to the garage and seeing a car I love. Best of luck for the folks here going after it.

I agree 100% Brendan. I think Thom McPherson, in his M-M book, when describing the Guardian, he described it as "the answer to the question nobody asked."

Just one of those attempts to cater to the bigger is better idoliadgy that has taken over EMS. we cringe at campers place a commercial chassis buy stand in awe of a van with a nose produced by a major company. They look top heavy and clumperson to a to me but I will reserve judgment till I can walk around and look at on in person.

Yvette

Yvette has read this thread. Said she had a computer program that didn't recognize some of these old car names so it would correct her spelling. I understand because that happens working on TPC! Anyway she said she would work on improving the spelling. I got a chuckle out of that. I think some of us are going to go down to this auction. Should be fun to watch.

Hundreds of auction images added over last few days. Up to 746 lots. Short videos continue to upload. Yvette will have a preliminary list published soon, although again, itemized auction lots will not occur until April.

IMG_4798.JPG

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4849.JPG

Bolt cutters, aisle 62 please.

IMG_4908.JPG

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the back of an M-M Guardian. After all that styling, smooth lines, and big rear overhang, do I see that the back door is really just....flat?

Interestingly, it has the same corner cut in the back door that a Eureka Hi-Boy of the same era does, too (see below). I guess to clear the overhang.

Attachments

• IMG_4075.jpg
    IMG_4075.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 411
The combination lock would be awkward on a run though. Like I said hoarders are a different kind of people. He was after the unusual though. I would grab the pacer. Had a couple of then not bad cars

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of the back of an M-M Guardian. After all that styling, smooth lines, and big rear overhang, do I see that the back door is really just....flat?

Interestingly, it has the same corner cut in the back door that a Eureka Hi-Boy of the same era does, too (see below). I guess to clear the overhang.

The rear & back door of the Guardians are not flat. There is curvature, as you will better see in these photos.

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 318
Just an observation.....quite a few of the vehicles that were in the outside lot at the old Bargain Center site have been moved. Don't have a clue where, just not there anymore.

I've also been trying to find out (with no success yet) if anybody knows for sure where the auction is going to be held. Neither one of the properties currently housing the vehicles is big enough to properly "spread" them out for proper viewing and evaluation. An auction of over 700 vehicles is going to take some space, at least to my way of thinking. Not only for the vehicles, but one has to think there are going to be a lot of folks attending this thing. Just sayin'!!!!

I'll keep checking.

Back