1964 Superior Pontiac ambulance

Any idea who sold and/or bought this? It was only on eBay about 4-5 hours before someone clicked the buy it now button. Looks like it might have been a good buy for someone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Pontiac-Bonneville-Ambulance-/121495498408?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c49b22ea8&item=121495498408&nma=true&si=Hq0JPlJvvr7cyDYcLCLYrrWiTOA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_57.JPG

NO, but I wish it would had been me! $14-K seems reasonable for what it is from the pictures and description at least. MM

looks to have been a decent restoration. but it still anuses me that one would put that money into the car and not clean up the door jams. I under stand not pealing out the weather striping if it's in decent shap and all that but a little tape and a rattle can on the tops looks to me to have been in order. to sharp a car to have that hit you in the face when you open the door

There are always going to be things that we would do differently in finishing the car. For me, the red rims and the red paint in the wheel wells would bother me, but that looks to have been a very good deal on that rig with all of the equipment that was included with it!

It looks like it was worth the money. But, sometimes when you buy the car and start to really look at it, you find out that it still needs restoration. I am not speaking about this car in particular, just in general. Lots of cars look great at twenty feet, but how many of them can win an award at a big car show? At the
same time, I am certain to have $14K and then some into my '68 and it will probably not win an award, either.

wow

For a second it looked like Steve Lichtman's,this was similar to the one I did my first call in many-many years ago,thus my love of Steves car,noticed the spotlights mounted not on the door frame but by the hood never saw that before.someone got a classic.

64 Superior

Car show? Thats a good topic.I have been to a few car shows with a beautiful restored ambulance and have not won anything. I know its really not about the trophy.

This is the car that I had owned for several years having purchased it from a dealership in Minnesota who got it from the town of Porter. I finally realized that I was not going to restore it like I had intended and sold it to a man in Missouri and he put a lot of time, effort, and money in bringing the car to this state of restoration. Being from Mn. the car had a lot of rust in the lower fenders. The cost of body work and paint would have been greater than the selling price, let alone the up grades to the engine and reupholstery of the seats, etc. As far as the door jambs goes, I think he was just flat tuckered out. The fact that it sold as fast as it did says that somebody knew the bargain they were getting. Whoever bought the car needs to drive it like they stole it, because they did.

Car show? Thats a good topic.I have been to a few car shows with a beautiful restored ambulance and have not won anything. I know its really not about the trophy.

I am not a trophy guy at all. Having said that, my wife and I have won many trophies at local car shows. Sometimes we win, because we have the most unique, or interesting car there. Truth be told, I usually feel guilty about it. But,
once in a while, we have something that is worthy of an award, even so, usually I am just as happy when someone else wins.

Starrs in Calgary ran two near identical 64's and one 65 like mine. Very nice looking car. Will hopefully see good road time.

most of the shops talk a man out of doing the jams when the paint one. to do them right you need to strip out everything. then it really adds to the price if you having it done. a east 500 bucks just for the weather striping . it a pain to paper off the rubber. but in this case to touch up the white to hid the rust bleed a scotch pad to scratch it up tape off the rubber and spray bomb of rust oleum would have kept it from jumping out at you. white gets the stain bleed so fast. but a sharp looking car from the pictures. that makes the jam jump out that much more. I think it was worth the money. me I would have left that boat anchor off the fender to. but hay it wasn't my car

A true sign you have never grown up is when you see a car like this and you think "boy that would look great as a ____ car like when I was young".

For a second it looked like Steve Lichtman's,this was similar to the one I did my first call in many-many years ago,thus my love of Steves car,noticed the spotlights mounted not on the door frame but by the hood never saw that before.someone got a classic.
Wayne, you're right, it a near-twin to mine. Mine has a different cabinet on the divider wall (and no Q on the fender). I recognized it as having been Ken's, since I visited Ken several years ago and saw it. Anyway, I hope the new owner is a PCS member and takes good care of it.

64 Pontiac

Thank you Ken for the kind response and responding to the negatives from other members. Yes, I am tuckered out on it. Put a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears into it and some members on this site can be fairly heartless in their responses. I am the man from Missouri that did not finish the door jambs but I can attest that I put a lot of my heart into it!

Jim

Jim I love that car because I have memories of my first ambulance call in one of its sisters,thanks for your work,and hope it lasts for years to come.

Thank you Ken for the kind response and responding to the negatives from other members. Yes, I am tuckered out on it. Put a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears into it and some members on this site can be fairly heartless in their responses. I am the man from Missouri that did not finish the door jambs but I can attest that I put a lot of my heart into it!

Jim

hay I said it was a sharp looking car:thumbsup:

Jim

I think it's a BEAUTIFUL, very well equipped Pontiac! Can you share with us who the lucky new owner is? THX-MM

Jim

Sorry Jim, I really wasn't bashing the ambulance, quite the contrary. Actually, I was thinking that the price seemed reasonable for a fifty year old ambulance and that it probably still has some needs, justifiably so. I am certain to spend more than that on my '68.

Back