View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Super Site Supporter
Thanked 2,390 Times in 749 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Zicha View Post
I removed the original generator and leaving it our "parts bin" Maybe I can have someone rebuild it at some point. I wanted to get an alternator in so we can drive it in and out of the bays when we need to and while we're working on the rest of the car. As for the inverter- that went in the garbage because it was destroyed and rusted away (sorry). I'm a VERY impatient person, so taking my time is going to be a chore on it's own, but I'm working on that also lol. Thanks for the input!!
The one thing you need most (after the money to do the project) is patience, and a lot of it!! You ever hear the old saying "good things come to those who wait", truer words were never spoken regarding pro-cars. Take a deep breath and relax, you'll be surprised at the results. We've owned our '64 for 4 years and still have some things to do, but it all seems to happen eventually. As long as it runs and drives SAFELY, you've got it made.
Proud student of the Limbaugh Institute For Advanced Conservative Studies for many years.

1964 Cadillac Superior Combination
The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Street For This Useful Post:
Kurt Arends (03-04-2018)