Procar Graveyard Open House

I need the bier pins and table chrome for my '77 MM and possibly passenger side door and fender chrome moulding. Will look it over this weekend and post pics of what I need.

Dozens of other rare coaches not for sale at any price will be present.

Lots of good thing there....

There are quite a few treasured/sought after/obscure/desired procars (and related parts) in fact. If attendees are cognizant and respectful of those not available, names/numbers are kept if/when time ever comes to pass one of them along. Long time site users should recognize the following sampling. :)

970066_10151704405918221_1990356271_n.jpg

1069298_10151704403093221_151253968_n.jpg

1044855_10151704400743221_829862099_n.jpg

1006215_10151704402218221_1599082974_n.jpg

994225_10151704404038221_1365129567_n.jpg

47979_10151704404553221_1886406479_n.jpg

1044887_10151704407553221_170683581_n.jpg

I STILL need to get me some Trim!

Atti!

While it doesn't appear that there are any 1957 MM's on the list, I'm still trying to locate the "Futura" (lightning bolt) trim to enhance my restoration.

As you may know, I've decided to bring the '57 back to life as a Chicago Fire Department ambulance of the era.:thumbsup:

The only picture I've seen was on the Northland Chapter Website (Photo Archives)

Please advise if there remains anything like that at this pro-car grave yard.;)

I'd be grateful if anyone else would respond to the aformentioned BOLO! Thanks!

Over and Out!

Rick:cool:

Attachments

• CFD_Cadillac_Ambulance.jpg
    CFD_Cadillac_Ambulance.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 804
SORRY Wrong Picture!!!!

My Bad!

Here's the correct picture of thee '57 with the Futura "lightning bolt" trim.

Sorry!

Over and out!

Rick

Attachments

• Miller Meteor Futura Ambulance.jpg
    Miller Meteor Futura Ambulance.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 741
Finished answering another round of PM and email inquiries. Everyone should have responses. Rick, there isn't a '57 in this collection, although I forwarded you a parts unit on FB that still has z-trim.

Latest updates:

A local FD has confirmed bringing a few of his older fleet for display - '53 Packard, '80s S&S Victoria, and two service vans. He thinks other local FDs will bring out vintage coaches as well.

A '64 S&S Victoria that has been restored since originating from Procar Graveyard will also be returning for first time.

RSVPs between different groups are now over 50. :eek:

There are 3 parts '74-'76 Superior landaus Jonathon. I can't answer specifics on those. If you still need a rear loading door, there's that one in CO you can drive down and retrieve.

Bier pins you need to relay if they're 7/16" or 1/2". I'm not well enough versed in anything that new.

If I can get off work the 6th I will be there, want to scope out those 77-79 MM's :) Is there a clean hotel in a safe area around there?

If I were going alone that would be a good idea but my fiancee will be with me and if it works out this would be a mini vacation for us since prior plans broke down

Latest updates:

A local FD has confirmed bringing a few of his older fleet for display - '53 Packard, '80s S&S Victoria, and two service vans. He thinks other local FDs will bring out vintage coaches as well.

A '64 S&S Victoria that has been restored since originating from Procar Graveyard will also be returning for first time.

RSVPs between different groups are now over 50. :eek:

This event is sounding "beddy beddy intelesting" :D

Important updates that require prompt FEEDBACK!

First, due to an overwhelming response (which we are grateful for ^_^) and the fact that many are driving substantial distances, Friday has now been added as a 'meet-n-greet' at owner's house. So enjoy unwinding after a long drive crawling around 30-odd hearses in collection there and mingling with other enthusiasts. Not designating a specific time. Food will more than likely be provided. Will continue past sundown for sure.

Secondly, several have inquired about hotel recommendation. After checking all within a 20 mile radius, The Inn at Creedmoor has been chosen. Their regular price for double beds (Queens) or single King is $86. They're willing to drop to $59.99 group rate for event. To book a room block and take advantage, we need a count of how many (and which type) for Friday evening. Please respond within next few days so this can be handled as event is swiftly approaching! There will be a cut off date on group rate hotel as well. Thank you.

http://www.theinnatcreedmoor.com/

The Inn at Creedmoor is less than 5 miles from house and about 15 miles from yard. It is located in a good area of town with very little theft as well.

Well unfortunately lack of funds is going to keep me from making the trip but I may have some things I need from there if they happen to be. So ill be gathering info on them before I ask if they are available.

Atti, I'd be "in" for a room at the group rate the hotel quoted. Sent you a message to that effect, but don't know if you got it. The Southeastern Chapter will be glad to kick in some ice and drinks to help beat the heat.

HOTEL INFO:

The Inn At Creedmoor
1585Nc Highway 56
Creedmoor, NC 27522-8296
Reservations - (919) 528-9296

15 rooms have been blocked off (maximum allowed including 10 double Queen and 5 single King) at discounted rate of $59.99 for Friday, Sept 6. Event is listed as 'Procar Open House'. Rate available until Aug 30 IF not sold out first - so do not delay calling in reservation! (If you're a couple please take King and save doubles for those sharing expenses, thank you.) Also, group rate extended to Sat night if both nights desired and reserved at same time.

Back