Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (
-   General Discussion Forum (
-   -   1970 superior ambulance parts? (

John ED Renstrom 03-08-2018 12:23 PM

standard cowl. standard floor to the center of the seat. go in yes fit no but other then make your own it's all at is there. the transmission hump is smaller so you end up with a little extra in the back there. the front half of a 4 door is all you will need. but you got to buy the whole car. superior used the rubber faced just behind the seat and the on the divider. a little care getting it off and you can save it. they clean up nicely.

Blake Sherwin 03-08-2018 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Loftin (Post 841924413)
Mr. Zicha needs a cabinet from an ambulance, not a combination. It would look something like this:

Thanks for the clarification. That certainly different from what my combo has.

John ED Renstrom 03-08-2018 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
most likely like the second one down for the space pictured. one would be better off building one from scratch then swapping the divider out from a combo. as they are a way different style. the combo still has the style of a Hearse with the ambulance is all business. the nice this is they are just held in place with long screws the bad this is that Formica chips so easy. here is a 69 , 70, 71 car with that style cabinet. as you can see they used simile a number 0f years. old eyes and thumbnails. missed the70 one got a combo

Kurt Arends 03-08-2018 04:30 PM

Better yet........ wait and find an original cabinet!!

Bill Marcy 03-08-2018 05:03 PM

John, I made a mistake, you definitely need an ambulance cabinet.

Paul Steinberg 03-08-2018 06:11 PM

If you order a carpet for a DeVille or Fleetwood 4 door sedan, the carpet will fit without any modifications to it. The correct carpet to order is the standard with jute backing, and the cut plush pile, or the ultra cut plush pile, in black. I have never seen anything but black carpets in any professional car, but that doesn't mean that they never used a color coordinating carpet. Look at the dash, and you will see that it is black, even though the door panels and seats might be red or some other color.

Denny Shira 03-08-2018 10:46 PM

Hello John. I know where there is a 65 Superior high headroom sitting in a recycling yard about 3 miles from me. it is pretty picked over, but the medical cabinet might still be there.
I'll be glad to look, and get it out for you. Have to wait a couple of weeks till it drys up some. any one here know if this is a viable swap, please chime in.

Kurt Arends 03-08-2018 10:51 PM

Not sure on '65. Someone on this site has to have the ambulance accessories brochure for those years of Superiors. Those brochures are a "must have", if you have one of their ambulances!

There were multiple cabinet options in any given year for Superior. I see that your '69 has the elevated floor under the cabinet itself. Not all configurations had that elevated floor. The '63/'64 Superior Parts & Service manual shows a cabinet that is identical to Ed's first of three photos, so I am assuming that the cabinet options were the same in '69 as they were in '65. Now, I never like to "assume" anything. Measure your elevated floor section measurement between the partition and back edge and compare that to any cabinets that you might find. Also compare the former cabinet's "ghost" in your flooring to any cabinet that you might find.

Rich Koski 03-09-2018 08:34 AM

Kurt is exactly correct
6 Attachment(s)
We just picked up a 1970 brochure last weekend at autorama.

Tim Prieur 03-09-2018 08:51 AM

If no one else posts I will dig out my 65 tonight. One major difference is the cabinet in my 65 is all metal. No formica.