Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1970 superior ambulance parts? (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21031)

John Zicha 03-08-2018 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also wondering what might have gone in the spot behind the driver's seat next to the jump seat???

Kurt Arends 03-08-2018 08:00 AM

Um..... the cabinet.

John Zicha 03-08-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841924401)
Um..... the cabinet.

Great....something else I get to look for lol

Kurt Arends 03-08-2018 08:10 AM

Original cabinets are extremely tough to find. That was usually the first thing that got tossed when it first came out of service and some "knuckle-head" bought it with grand ideas of turning it into a limousine. They usually lost interest in the project shortly after pitching the cabinet.

I do know where there is one........... but it would require a road trip to Amarillo, TX to get it.

Bill Marcy 03-08-2018 08:15 AM

John, try Peter Grave, he has a couple of Superiors in his salvage yard. Peter is a member of this forum. If he does not have a cabinet, I may know where there might be a cabinet in a 68 combo, not the same, but better than an empty space.

Kurt Arends 03-08-2018 08:44 AM

A cabinet in a combo? Now that would be extremely rare! 99.9% of all combos just have a small storage compartment built into the steel partition itself. You would basically have to switch out the entire partition in that scenario. I think I have only ever heard of 1 combo that was ordered with a real cabinet.

I have to disagree with Bill on the last part of his response. IMHO..... do it correctly or don't waste the time, effort, and money doing it. Wait and find a correct, original cabinet. I would rather look at a hole in the partition than something that was cobbled together! They are out there. When you do find one, it will most likely require a road trip on your part. They are extremly easy to take out and install. Something like 6 bolts through the floor that are easily accessible top and bottom.

John Zicha 03-08-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Marcy (Post 841924404)
John, try Peter Grave, he has a couple of Superiors in his salvage yard. Peter is a member of this forum. If he does not have a cabinet, I may know where there might be a cabinet in a 68 combo, not the same, but better than an empty space.

Thanks Bill...I talked to Mr. Grave on the phone a few days ago and when the weather gets better I'm taking a drive out his way.

Blake Sherwin 03-08-2018 11:19 AM

My 68 M&M combination does have several cabinets. There is one in that spot and there is also an upper cabinet. It also has the steel storage compartment underneath one of the doors too. I dont think I have a picture of it handy though

Blake Sherwin 03-08-2018 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Arends (Post 841924405)
A cabinet in a combo? Now that would be extremely rare! 99.9% of all combos just have a small storage compartment built into the steel partition itself. You would basically have to switch out the entire partition in that scenario. I think I have only ever heard of 1 combo that was ordered with a real cabinet.

I have to disagree with Bill on the last part of his response. IMHO..... do it correctly or don't waste the time, effort, and money doing it. Wait and find a correct, original cabinet. I would rather look at a hole in the partition than something that was cobbled together! They are out there. When you do find one, it will most likely require a road trip on your part. They are extremly easy to take out and install. Something like 6 bolts through the floor that are easily accessible top and bottom.

Is this the compartment your talking about? Or does this qualify as a cabinet? There is another overhanging above that is not pictured. fun fact, I found a folded american flag in the upper storage area. No I did not unfold it.

Steve Loftin 03-08-2018 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mr. Zicha needs a cabinet from an ambulance, not a combination. It would look something like this: