Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1970 superior ambulance parts? (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21031)

John Zicha 02-15-2018 02:31 AM

1970 superior ambulance parts?

I'm looking for a couple parts that would strictly be superior coach builders
Trim above the rear windows on both sides (these seem to be the same with Caddys Pontiacs etc.?
ANYTHING that would go in the back which would be part of the conversion. We have almost nothing original in the back of the car. Mounts, stretcher, curtains etc..

Steve Ahlstedt 02-15-2018 07:43 AM

As posted elsewhere, I have almost completed the interior of my 1976 Cadillac Superior. Please post pictures of your interior so we can suggest what you need.

When it comes to first aid equipment, are you looking for period correct or are you looking for current equipment you could use if you stumbled upon an incident during your travels?

A current fire extinguisher located for easy access should be planned as should be a wheel chock, tool set, road cones and flares.

Although I carry portable radios on the local emergency service frequencies, I also carry a cell phone (with charger) to contact assistance if needed.

Bill Marcy 02-15-2018 09:01 AM

John, I sent you a pm. I think I have some stuff for you.

John Zicha 02-15-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Ahlstedt (Post 841923959)
As posted elsewhere, I have almost completed the interior of my 1976 Cadillac Superior. Please post pictures of your interior so we can suggest what you need.

When it comes to first aid equipment, are you looking for period correct or are you looking for current equipment you could use if you stumbled upon an incident during your travels?

A current fire extinguisher located for easy access should be planned as should be a wheel chock, tool set, road cones and flares.

Although I carry portable radios on the local emergency service frequencies, I also carry a cell phone (with charger) to contact assistance if needed.

Thanks for info..we know what it needs, we are a first aid and rescue squad lol. I'm trying to get the period correct stuff that disappeared out of the back. Stretcher with mount curtains equipment for show etc.

John ED Renstrom 02-15-2018 10:38 AM

From the cowl back everything is superior only the only part shared across the manufactures would be the rear bumper.
But Bill has a deal for you.

Jim Staruk 02-15-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Zicha (Post 841923958)
I'm looking for a couple parts that would strictly be superior coach builders
Trim above the rear windows on both sides (these seem to be the same with Caddys Pontiacs etc.?
ANYTHING that would go in the back which would be part of the conversion. We have almost nothing original in the back of the car. Mounts, stretcher, curtains etc..

I have many leftover parts from my '72 Superior parts car. Lots of window trim. Please post a list of what you need. Jim

Paul Steinberg 02-15-2018 08:02 PM

1972 is a different body style than the 1970.

John Zicha 02-16-2018 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in search of this on BOTH sides. All other exterior trim we have.

John ED Renstrom 02-16-2018 11:14 AM

They are stainless steel. And if I'm not mistaken way shorter then most. But the good news is they are all the same shape. You may have to trim a set down. If Bill didn't get them I might have one. it is to warm up today they are out side see if i can find one. But what you have if they are only stained should buff out.

John Zicha 03-08-2018 02:34 AM

Carpet?

I have learned NOT to make assumptions when looking for items for this car!!! Would a regular molded carpet kit for a deville or fleetwood fit the interior compartment? If little trims or cuts here and there are needed that is fine. I wanted to make sure it'll fit width wise from door sill to door sill....PLEASE tell me its standard? :confused: