Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   For Sale To The Public At Large (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   '74 M-M Lifeliner (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20826)

Kurt Arends 11-24-2017 11:42 PM

'74 M-M Lifeliner

3 Attachment(s)
I have had an opportunity pop up that I am going to have to act on fairly soon. This opportunity is going to require that I free up some space and sell some projects that I really had not planned on selling yet. That said, I am offering my '74 M-M Lifeliner ambulance for sale.

This rig spent the vast majority of its working life with the Minden City/County Public Safety Authority in Minden, NE. They traded it in for a new Stratus ambulance in 1993 and it them became part of Gene Knisely's "collection" in the Kansas City area. Unfortunately, Gene was not a good "custodian" of these old ambulances and they suffered from neglect. I have acquired NOS quarter panels, side door panels, and a R/F door panel that will all go with this rig. It is well-optioned and includes its original Federal "Q" and a Federal Interceptor. I have not had time to put into getting this rig running or back on the road. Asking $3500, but I want it to go to the right new home more than anything.

Bill Marcy 11-25-2017 08:42 AM

This Lifeliner looks like a good opportunity for the right person. Best of luck with the sale.

John ED Renstrom 11-25-2017 11:33 AM

It is the only one I have seen with a removable squad bench. Looked at it a couple times it is rough but comes with new panels. All the we need stuff is there. 48 or a low top I would be vary temped.

Kurt Arends 11-25-2017 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Shurtleff Ambulance Service in Lincoln, NE owned it only very briefly, prior to trading it in on a new '75 M-M Lifeliner. Here it is in their 1975 Yellow Pages ad.

Kurt Arends 11-26-2017 12:08 PM

As Ed mentioned, this Lifeliner has a factory-built, removeable squad bench. I have never seen this option pictured in M-M's brochures and I have never seen it in another M-M ambulance. The bench was clearly built by M-M.

Martin Harvey 11-26-2017 01:23 PM

Show us ? !

Kurt Arends 11-26-2017 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not a good image of the "removable" aspect of this bench, but the only photo that I have on my computer tonight. I will try to stop by my building tomorrow afternoon and get a better photo. This bench is open underneath and basically stands on 3 legs, which is where it can be detached.

Kurt Arends 11-26-2017 09:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are the NOS M-M skins that are included with the sale.

John ED Renstrom 11-26-2017 10:05 PM

Can't believe you scored them

Kurt Arends 11-28-2017 08:56 PM

More skins are available, but few people care enough to make the trek to Cincinnati. I hauled all 5 skins home this past April in the passenger compartment of my 2004 Crown Vic!
Where there's a will, there's a way!