Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion Forum (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Suspect E- mail (http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20744)

Gus Boucher 10-31-2017 10:59 AM

I had another one in my e mail this A/M. Looks like this person has all our addresses as well.

Paul Steinberg 10-31-2017 01:46 PM

There is no way that they can collect email address's from this site, however, if they got into Jeff's email account, and he has your email address, in it, there is that possibility. I know that Jeff has my email in his address book, and I have yet to get any questionable emails, so even that is a remote possibility. In fact, we don't know that the Jeff Hookway that is sending the emails, is actually the Jeff Hookway that we all know. My guess is it isn't the Jeff that we all know!

Darren Bedford 10-31-2017 01:48 PM

I am at 3 myself. All from different email address hidden under Jeff's email address.

Darren

Wayne Krakowski 10-31-2017 03:54 PM

Got my first one today,and deleted it.thanks for the heads up.

Bill Marcy 10-31-2017 06:33 PM

I got one yesterday.

Gus Boucher 10-31-2017 07:50 PM

Paul,
Thanks for the info.

Paul Steinberg 10-31-2017 08:01 PM

If someone gets another email, and they know how to find the "headers", I might be able to contact the IP service and have the email shut down. Most IP (internet providers) take a dim view of email spammers, since it wastes their resources. If you Google "How to find email headers" along with your email server name, and then copy and past the information to me, I will work on this.

Bill Leverett 11-13-2017 11:39 AM

email phishing?

Anyone else get this strange email supposedly from Jeff Hookway?

Here's the email address is came from:

UPS US <Catherine.Nguyen@dynamic-mfg.us>

The physical parcel may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment.

To manage or download your delivery information click here.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Monday, 11/13/2017

Shipment Details

Tracking Number: 9A86498960681833
Number of Packages: 1

Thank you for your business.

John ED Renstrom 11-13-2017 11:49 AM

I keep getting one about a airline ticket or vacation package being payed out of my PayPal account. That one doesn't have Jeff's name on it. The Lions club here I western SD keep getting a request for a payment that is to have been sent to the treasurer from the club President. I guess all it had to. Do is work once for them but I wish these people would get a job

Bill Leverett 11-13-2017 11:52 AM

I know that it's not real and that clicking any of the links sends my computer to a place I don't want it to go.

How do names we know show up in these emails?